Qx 401k?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ralgha said:
If it were "THE BEST", it wouldn't put half the match into company stock, and it wouldn't make you wait five years to be fully vested.

I believe that the statement of best implies in comparison to others not the most perfect system. Now, I have no idea if Horizon's 401K is the best, perhaps you know a better one?. It is defineately one of the better 401 K plans, however.

Ralgha said:
If it were "THE BEST", it wouldn't put half the match into company stock, and it wouldn't make you wait five years to be fully vested.

Ahhh......there's always one cranky one in every bunch!:uzi:

Buschpilot said:
I'm gonna hang on a limb here, but I believe it's a law that the stock be that of the employing/offering company; and vesting is a corporate standard to encourage retention. I've never worked for a company (both in and outside of aviation) that didn't have a lengthy vesting period.

Oh, and you can thank Enron for being able to sell your company stock. Prior to that, you had to hold onto it per the law.

My 401k has no vesting period and 0% of the company match goes into company stock (unless you want it to). Granted the match is less, but nothing is perfect. Were I motivated enough (I'm not), I'm sure I could find a plan that clearly exceeded Horizon's.

Well, ok then. I wouldn't put too much work into degrading our 401k. There's better ways to waste your time.

Buschpilot said:
Well, ok then. I wouldn't put too much work into degrading our 401k. There's better ways to waste your time.

LMAO...good one! :laugh:

I hear the AAG stock does quite well. I wish my company allowed us to purchase AAG stock instead of the worthless crap that we have.

Why mesa isn't the best - how's everyone else stack up?

Ralgha said:

MESA:

One year before you can get in it.

2.5% match up to first 10% (you can contribute up to 15%)

SEVEN YEARS before you're fully vested.
---------------------------------------------

How do other airline plans stack up?

Ralgha said:
Were I motivated enough (I'm not), I'm sure I could find a plan that clearly exceeded Horizon's.
Maybe, but even you have to agree that matching dollar for dollar up to 10% is pretty darn good, eh?
:beer:

Latest resources

Back