• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QX -400 News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, this is weird...were you listening into my recurrent session today or something? We were JUST talking about this very topic today. I asked what was up with being assigned an alternate when not required, and the response actually involved a little more than just that reg, but the point was pretty much the same.

This is freaky. I'm gonna check the room for bugs in the morning.

dispatcher121 said:
Why THANK YOU! :blush:

Hope this answers your question:

This regulation gives us an exception that allows us to operate without an alternate. However keep in mind it is simply and exception not the rule. The main body of the regulation sets the precedence.

I dunno, many regulations begin with the words "No person may operate an aircraft unless...." So does that mean that not operating aircraft takes precedence, except for rare occasions on which we make use of the exception to actually go flying? ;)

In all seriousness, I have noticed that certain dispatchers seem to always specify an alternate whether one is required or not. Most of the captains I fly with will just accept it, to the point of buying fuel at an expensive outstation. I'm all for extra fuel when it's close, but I've been given alternates on CAVU days.

AlphaSierra01 said:
I know what the hiring mins are for QX, but what is considered competive for getting an interview?

Fog on a mirror and the secret handshake ;)

Sorry, couldnt resist!

I'm sure someone will chime in on what's competitive. I'm sure if you have any 135/121 time that is a plus.

Latest resources

Back