• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Quiz about our "lovely" media!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess would be the one "in flames". More spectacular than the others.

Since I'm so disgusted by the American news media,

Go move to Jeddah. Or Hong Kong. Or Johannasburg. Or Cali. You'll be loads happier.

Burn a flag while you're there, if it makes you feel better. Sorry you're so burdened here.

avbug said:
Go move to Jeddah. Or Hong Kong. Or Johannasburg. Or Cali. You'll be loads happier.

Burn a flag while you're there, if it makes you feel better. Sorry you're so burdened here.

Avbug,

This has NOTHING to do with my patriotism! I am a die-hard American. So much so, you probably wouldn't want to hear my theories on what should be done with any terrorists we catch.

I am just voicing my displeasure with how the news media in this country feed off the death and distruction aspect of everything. There have been newsworthy stories that don't make the news because they don't involve death, destruction, or disgusting images. And maybe I shouldn't have posted this here. I did out of disgust at the present time when I was reading that and happened to be on this site as well.

You'll notice I have been a member here since 2002 but only have 200+ posts. That's because I get on here and read the bickering and just don't want to get involved. This just proves my point. It's not worth it!

RCHCFI

rchcfi said:
Avbug,

This has NOTHING to do with my patriotism! I am a die-hard American. So much so, you probably wouldn't want to hear my theories on what should be done with any terrorists we catch.

I am just voicing my displeasure with how the news media in this country feed off the death and distruction aspect of everything. There have been newsworthy stories that don't make the news because they don't involve death, destruction, or disgusting images. And maybe I shouldn't have posted this here. I did out of disgust at the present time when I was reading that and happened to be on this site as well.

You'll notice I have been a member here since 2002 but only have 200+ posts. That's because I get on here and read the bickering and just don't want to get involved. This just proves my point. It's not worth it!

RCHCFI

Just ask PBS how their ratings are. They are low.... and its because there reporting is about as exciting as a comatose person.

Oh and for the record I love the death and destruction. If a plane crashes I want to see the video in all its hardcore glory.

Avbug,

Nothing is free. The media does not exist to support truth, justice, and the American way. I'm forever amazed at the extreme naivate that is voiced here as so-called professional pilot after pilot whines and whinnies about the unfair picture of aviation that's painted in the media. Poor us. We're not getting the fair shake. How crass of talking-head so-and-so, he/she/it didn't get technical or accurate enough...the public doesn't think as much of me as a pilot now. Yada, yada, yada.

The media exists for one reason, and one reason only. Entertainment. The purpose of the evening news, CNN, BBC World News, Reuters, Time, The New York Times, and Eddie Ganders Greatest Gossip & Gas News & Internet Cafe is entertainment. It's a draw to sell advertising, period.

There are those who have their head on their shoulders, take the media as one big grain of salt and believe little of it, and then there's the vast majority of the population, social lemmings who will feed and follow anything that's crammed down their throat.

The news media is inaccurate? What's your point. Welcome to reality. We missed you. The news media isn't there to inform you, it's there to draw your attention long enough to sell you something. It's never been about anything else. Ever. Deer-Headlights. Kids-Candy. People-News/Gossip = Sales. They just want you to stare into the bright lights long enough to take your wallet. W(h)eather or not you get factual information, entertained, or learn something is irrelevant. So long as you tell yourself that the evening news is anything else, that's all that's important, because it keeps you coming back for more.

The sooner you admit to yourself that the "news" as you know it is without credibility and exists for no other purpose but mind candy to soften you and attract you so you will buy things...the sooner you will see the forest for the trees, and learn that what the news media has to say is unimportant and devoid of meaning. You'll live longer.

avbug said:
The sooner you admit to yourself that the "news" as you know it is without credibility and exists for no other purpose but mind candy to soften you and attract you so you will buy things...the sooner you will see the forest for the trees, and learn that what the news media has to say is unimportant and devoid of meaning. You'll live longer.

It sounds to me like you are also disgusted w/ the media.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back