Quito Qualified via CBT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

I am wondering what different airlines are requiring for a Quito checkout. Any of them do it with just Computer Based Training module, without any Quito-specific sim, or familiarization ride?

I am wondering what different airlines are requiring for a Quito checkout. Any of them do it with just Computer Based Training module, without any Quito-specific sim, or familiarization ride?

At DL we UIO as a training example for our RNP approach procedures - kills two birds with one stone; RNP procedures training, and UIO familiarization. I'm pretty sure that captains also require a checkout trip with a LCA or AQFO.

For thouse that don't know - AQFO's at DL are FO's that recieve special training and are qualified to check captains out on SAQ airports.

Pretty much the same procedure at CAL, we spend about 2-4 hrs simulator time, and we do it often it seems. I have never trained more for an airport I will never go to than Quito.

Quito rocks.
Don't be off course and don't land long or hot. Other than that, piece of cake!

I got Quito qual'd by flying the ILS circle to land the first time I went to Quito. Others in my unit did the same except they flew with someone who had been there before. By the way getting out is tougher than getting in.

CAL Quito Qualification

I just read a new pilot bulletin regarding quito and F/O checkouts-

I have a trip there in December and was expecting to have to do one day of simulator- looks like as of now, all I have to do is the CBT module to be qualified since I did the RNP training on my recurrent PC in October.

Latest resources

Back