• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Quito Qualified via CBT?

densoo

Total Time
yes
I am wondering what different airlines are requiring for a Quito checkout. Any of them do it with just Computer Based Training module, without any Quito-specific sim, or familiarization ride?

qxdash8

Total Time
6000+
I am wondering what different airlines are requiring for a Quito checkout. Any of them do it with just Computer Based Training module, without any Quito-specific sim, or familiarization ride?

At DL we UIO as a training example for our RNP approach procedures - kills two birds with one stone; RNP procedures training, and UIO familiarization. I'm pretty sure that captains also require a checkout trip with a LCA or AQFO.

For thouse that don't know - AQFO's at DL are FO's that recieve special training and are qualified to check captains out on SAQ airports.

Kugelblitz

Total Time
13K+
Pretty much the same procedure at CAL, we spend about 2-4 hrs simulator time, and we do it often it seems. I have never trained more for an airport I will never go to than Quito.

30West

NARF!
Total Time
@8000
Quito rocks.
Don't be off course and don't land long or hot. Other than that, piece of cake!

Benhuntn

Deer Fear Me
Total Time
>11000
I got Quito qual'd by flying the ILS circle to land the first time I went to Quito. Others in my unit did the same except they flew with someone who had been there before. By the way getting out is tougher than getting in.

Formula1

Total Time
CAL Quito Qualification

I just read a new pilot bulletin regarding quito and F/O checkouts-

I have a trip there in December and was expecting to have to do one day of simulator- looks like as of now, all I have to do is the CBT module to be qualified since I did the RNP training on my recurrent PC in October.