Quite possibly the ugliest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shhhh, let you in on a little secret,

Oregon has no state sales tax, neither does Montana (though I don't know the specifics). If you buy a $10 million dollar airplane and register it in California you can pay $800,000 in sales tax. Now if you bought that $10 million dollar airplane and registered it in Oregon you don't pay the sales tax. Saving yourself $800,000! After 90 days in Oregon you can now transfer YOUR airplane to California. Another state that has a lot of airplanes based (and credit card companies) is Delaware, because there is no corporate tax.

Of course the California Frachise board knows all about this and will tax you, in order to even attempt this you need to have lawerys and accountants on retainer that are current in all the latest tax laws, you end up paying them about 25% of what you save on the aircraft sales tax. Plus you might lose and still have to pay sales tax, plus penalty and interest, and legal fees. So venture at your own risk.

N554CL

Yeah, I saw the "Lacy Lear" at Million Air TEB on Wednesday ... in the back corner of the ramp, well blocked in, so I'm guessing it'd been there a little while. I didn't think the full-length alligator was too hot, either! Some people will do strange things to their airplanes, I guess.

R

I looked on AOPA..

N Number: 2T
Serial Number: 9084
Registered Owner: N2T INC
City: HILLSBORO
State: OR
Zip: 97124-5960

Thats what I got...different state and city...interesting

That espresso paintjob remainds of several Geiger works of art...if you call that art. :eek:

Couple months ago, on a hot Florida day, I saw a pitch black GII landing in Ft. Lauderdale. I couldn't resist, and oggled it from outside the FBO. Did a little research and found out it was Larry Flint's plane. Doesn't qualify for ugly, but unique perhaps.

Now, you would think that Mr. Flint could afford a GIV or somethin better, eh?

Latest resources

Back