• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Quite possibly the ugliest

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
Was in at Burbank earlier, a BD-700 (Global Espresso) for you flatfoots among us.

Any who, this contraption from a distance seem to be unfinished, grayish and with exposed panels, upon closer scrutiny you see it’s actually the paint scheme with huge exaggerated painted on rivet heads all over it (big ole button heads), a weird vent like orifice painted on the vertical, windows (elongated and exaggerated) outlined in a flat gray and enormous panel lines running all over the darn thing.

It’s retched looking!!!

Who owns this Frankenstein, hodgepodge of a jet? I think the reg. was N2T, wasn’t that close to it to be 100% positive but that reg. Is registered to Bombardier out of DFW.

Anyone seen this beast, believe me you can’t miss it.

TMMT
:eek:

banned username 2

Banned
Banned User
I am probably wrong, but I think there is some kind of finishing center at BUR for the GEX... I saw a couple "green" ones there a few months back... Are you sure that wasn't some kind of primer they were using, or was this actually someones wild paint scheme?

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
I’m pretty sure along with the others who saw it with me it was indeed a paint scheme.

As far as a completion ctr. for the Espresso here at BUR they must have buried it behind the Conoco Station or something cuz I’m not aware of it, there is one over in Van Nuys at The Jet Center.

TMMT

banned username 2

Banned
Banned User
Ooppss.. My Bad... now that I think about it, I think it was VNY that I saw the completion center... it was a few months back...

Is VNY where the Elephant Bar Restaurant is at???

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
There’s an Elephant Bar in Burbank near the Media Center, its about 5 miles southeast of BUR on the other side of highway 5.

I’m not familiar with one near or in Van Nuys.

Now you’ve got me craving one of their portobello mushroom pizzas.

TMMT
:D

banned username 2

Banned
Banned User
I went to an Elephant Bar Restaurant right on an airport out there but I can't remember which airport it was... the restaurant was basically in the FBO's parking lot....

SMO maybe??? Geez this getting old thing is tough!

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
Ahhhh Ha!!!

It’s Santa Barbara Muni you are thinking of.

I knew it would come to me sooner or later.

TMMT

Consigliere
Total Time
-
That's my F#%$() airplane you're talking about!!!

Just Joking. I've actually flown a pink Westwind, though for some odd reason I never could get my self to call it pink. When talking to FSS, it was always a "red" with white trim Westwind!

There's also an Elephan Bar in close to PSP.

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
"Pink Westwind"

Larry Flynt had a pink Westwind, I believe it was his first jet.

TMMT

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
Ahem…

When I clicky on da linky I get this.

Sorry pal, but you seem to be lost. The page you requested does not exist. But don't worry, go here and things might clear up.

TMMT

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
Check out the skull and cross bones on the tail, I didn’t see that when see was here.

TMMT

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
Imagine what the interior must look like.
For some reason I picture something out of the Rock Horror Picture Show.

TMMT

empenage

Total Time
KSFO..If you stay at the Airport Marriott there is an Elephant Bar within walking distance as well. Dam...That is ugly. Our old G4 had a pink bra painted down each side of the dam thing. It was Pia's airplane.

Macondo

Don't hit my switches!
Total Time
::~::
Yep, it is the Oakley Jet. Heard around SNA that the paint actually cost around 10 mil or something outrageous like that.

Consigliere
Total Time
-
Holy mother of God! that is one hell of a "paint" job! I need to make sure I don't own any stock in Oakley, because somebody at corporate had to approve that!

I hope who ever is flying that thing has a sense of humor!