Quiet at NJ what about Options?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bluepost

Almost every Options crew I run into asks if I have heard anything about "THE" merger. I haven't heard squat on our side, only from the Options guys I run into on the road.

I heard about the CEO and the Chief Pilot, and a guy last week mentioned there is now a hiring freeze....anyone care to comment?

***sorry I have to post this BUT..do not respnd to this thread with crude comments or jabs. It is strictly an info gathering attempt. I will be the first to wish the best on all fractional pilots, we are all in the same boat and need to work together to build up our pilots in this industry to the same level our companies advertise to our customers.

Current plan is for FO new hire class in January. Number of new hires being kicked around is 15 to 20 but who really knowns. Will know when it happens.

Merger, what merger might that be? Oh, the NJA FO/RTA merger that has been rumored or six plus years. Well, Possible but not probable. Time will tell. Have not heard it mentioned in sometime now. Glad to hear that the rumor lives

The first question a pilot is going to ask during a merger is: Where am I on the totem pole?

NJ is union, FO is not. What would happen to the Options pilots as far as seniority etc. etc etc.?

Netjets on flight tracker

Yea, NJ dudes, and what is with that 1I before your number on flight tracker? What's the significance of that?

Hey bluepost what do you care anyways about it all? Who do you work for by theway, and why do you care about fractionals?

T

While trying to avoid this running into a who gets screwed post...I will say there quite a few different ways a merger could happen.....some realisitc, some not. Who knows if it is even happening.

Much would depend on how such a "merger" went down. Did anyone acquire anyone else (AA and TWA)? Did one enity take over some assets of the other (think ATA and Airtran)?

I don't see a true merger happening, but lets say Netjets BOUGHT CS. We would be the controling entity, and it is possible something similar to TWA and AA could happen, where there is a career expectation thrown in given the fact that their biggest aircraft is the 680 and NJ operates Xs, G200s, 2000s, 1000s, and a couple BBJs.

If NJ MERGED with FO it could be DOH. Similar aircraft and career expectations. Who would decide? I don't know that. I am sure the union would fight for its current members, and the company would try to keep some peace. Maybe DOH with a bunch of fences.

If Flex bought NJ? I don't know.

bluepost said:
Flex bought NJ?
Now thaaaaat's funny! :p

bluepost said:
If NJ MERGED with FO it could be DOH.
Being the rumour that it is, let's look at it from another angle. We all know that if NJA bought Options the Opts pilots want DOH.

OK, let's say we do. NJA was operational 12 years before the original Flight Options. There are approx 300 pilots currently at NJA that were here BEFORE Options was started. So, right off the bat, everyone at Opts drops 300 points. From '98 to '00, NJA hired twice as many pilots as Opts. Again, Opts pilots would slide down the pole. Still like DOH?

Put the names in a hat and draw for seniority ;)

His example is if we BOUGHT Options. I don't think that is happening. I think Shares is as much of a possiblilty at Options. Heck, maybe it is a 3 way deal. Maybe Flex is buying us to bust the union.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back