• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BWAaaaaaahaaaaaaa

LOL
That was so funny I almost peed myself.
(which I normally don't do BTW)

JJJ said:
If you want your resume to really stand out, put down the minutes instead of hours.

TT 1000
PIC 950
Multi 100

or

TT 60000
PIC 57000
Multi 6000

*times are represented in minutes

LMAO

So i'm coming up on over 6,000 hours of "simulated" NFL experience.(Madden 2002...03...04)...which I log dutifully under "Actual" NFL experience. I am so good....I log "yards passing" at the same time I am logging "yds receiving". You guys tune in to the draft next month....I will go No. 1. San Diego here I come!:D

W

Icywings-

Congrats on your opportunity to obtain some very valuable experience in a Sim. It will help you to have it.

My answer, since there seems to be various questions, is to go with the "most conservative" rule, especially when it comes to the contents of your logbook. I would say do not log "SIM TIME" in the "TOTAL (Flight) TIME" column. That column is reserved for the times you get in an aircraft with the intenet to fly. If you pay for time using an aircraft, log it! Now you have a receipt which is proof.

For those times that you want to obtain a rating that allows the use of a training aid/simulator experience to count toward the training requirements or total time requirements do so! Just look at that Simulator column and pull from the experience as the specific reg for the license you are trying to obtain will allow. With PCATD/Training Aid/etc, just be sure to ask to photocopy the letter that certifies that it meets the requirements to be certified as an applicable training aid for the particular requirement you want it to satisfy.

Level D and Level C sims are alomost identical in operation and may be used exactly for what a previous poster already said just certified for different tasks. An example of how they differ, a Level D can be used for currency simulating a circling approach, while a Level C may not.

Keep the SIM TIME and TOTAL (flight) TIME seperate and you will never go wrong, and can easily use it on those apps/resumes/or 8710's when allowed. The directions on the 8710 specifically state "Flight Simulator,
Flight Training Device and PCATD time may be entered in the boxes
provided." So even they ask that you keep this experience seperate form TOTAL TIME. Like I said, use it towards whatever a specific employer will accept, but don't confuse it in your logbook.

OK, so I don't log SIM time towards Total Time (despite being advised to while in a level 5 FTD). But does anyone have a specific reference to 14CFR that supports either side.

Dutch

Latest resources

Back