• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clownpilot,

I would also add the following:

- Deadhead time (but only 1/2 of it)
- Any time you talk about airplanes at a bar. (counts double if you're too drunk to drive)
- Time spent making airplane noises
- All time spent on aviation related websites.

The above should boost your TT another 2-3K a year.

Good luck on the interview. Perhaps you might see TABExpressF/O there.

Batman Fan said:
LEVEL D SIM TIME COUNTS AS TOTAL TIME. That's the end of it. It's not questionable record keeping. If you have 100 hours in a full motion sim log it as sim time and add it to your total time. **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**.

Say it to an interviewer. Just like that. I mean it. Give it a shot and let us know it works out for you.

Clownpilot you crack me up. Thanks for the laugh. That was rich.

As for Batman...I would give 10 to 1 odds that he still has hours and tenths on his resume.

I'll bet he and the Guat are tight.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that interview.

Loggin sim as TT make you look like a fool, desperate to prove their 'experience'. Wank, wank, wank.

I don't do tenths on the resume - I do eighths! Anything to make me stand out.

Ex:

TT 4360 4/8
ME 2900 1/4

See? Real conversation starter in interviews.

If you want your resume to really stand out, put down the minutes instead of hours.

TT 1000
PIC 950
Multi 100

or

TT 60000
PIC 57000
Multi 6000

*times are represented in minutes

I have never logged sim time except a handful of hours back in the day to get instrument rating. I probably have 150 hours of level D, sim time but I never felt it necessary to log any of it. Besides, I would feel a bit wierd asking airline instructor to sign my logbook, which IS an FAR if you are logging as dual given. In the future I would only log sim time that was necessary for currency, for example if I took three months off and needed the landings to get back on line. Do you think the board at LUV or AA gives a crap how many hours you have in the box? No, and I would rather my logbook not look silly on that day that determines my future.

I have to agree with the concensus, Batman...good luck on your upcoming interviews. It's not really the place to tell them that they are wrong and you are right. Kinda like that whole "safety pilot" thing that CFI's were doing years ago and are maybe still doing today. As it was explained by a person that does interviews for a big "regional" carrier to me, although that you may be able to argue that safety pilot PIC time legal to log through a loop hole in the FAR's, nothing beats playing it safe and staying away from it. Maybe the same is true for logging sim time as total time. Why not just take the safe way out and not log it as total? Would it make that much of a difference? As for being an airline pilot and logging sim time, I do log my sim time for PC's and RFT's so I personally have a record of it, and when I have been asked for my logbooks by interviewers, I have all records of Check Ride's, PC's, RFT's tabbed for them to quickly glance them over. Not that it equates to much time but it does show that you took some initiave to show some detail and preparation. Just my opinion.

Agreed but...

Don't worry so **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** much about it....Once you get your ATP, the numbers you give the interviewer are basically just relative. I don't bother logging ridiculous Frasca,Pcatd, etc. expcept maybe in a seperate column. Put in the real time, pay your dues, do the work, and any interviewer will respect you for it, if they don't, that's their problem, not yours.

I LOG the Level D time in the SIM column only.... I agree it is cheezy and stretching it BIG time to count it as Total time, but I think that the SIM colum is designed to hold these times... I figure that it "proves" the validity of the Transport catagory aircraft entries logged thereafter...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back