Quick Flight Following Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VNugget said:
Everybody who knows me knows I'm all serious business only.

What the christ?

Iceman07 said:
I also did not realize that "with you" was showing how much of a dweeb I am. Been saying that for oh, I don't know, 35 years now? But then, I also (when it's busy) I use "Podunk approach Cessna 40C with you at five-point-five". See? I guess that I really am a dork.
Nah (at least not for that reason and I don't know you well enough to comment otherwise :D ). Just using a bit of non-AIM-standard phrasing and a meaningless filler phrase. Most folks probably use one or two. I've been known to say "thank you" to controllers, another phrase appears nowhere in the AIM or ATC Handbook. I think the only time it's a problem is when instructors teach them as things you are =supposed= to say, and I admit that try to get my students to avoid picking it up in the first place.

There is, BTW, one FAA publication (only one AFAIK) that =does= treat "with you" as sort of standard phraseology. FAA-H-8083-11 - the Balloon Flying Handbook - uses it as an example of the proper method of contacting a control tower. From Chapter 4:

==============================
LIVERMORE TOWER, BALLOON FIVE FIVE SIX THREE WHISKEY, WITH YOU AT TWO THOUSAND FEET OVER THE CITY, EASTBOUND.
==============================

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back