Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

d.fitz

Hey,

The dallas and atlanta pilot bases make this the most convenient to me, by far!

Any idea when they might hire - I saw that they are going to the Air Inc. job fair at LAX. What gives? Are they interviewing or just going for show?

How's the company to work for?

Thanks for the help!

Many think by the end of the year, after all e120 crews are trained, we will hire again, but no one knows for sure. ASA is an awesome place to work and I know alot of people would agree with that. Good luck!

I know that we were interviewing during the first part of March. I would not be surprised if we hired from the pool before the end of the year.

Pool?

Sorry if this has been hashed out before.
But how big/deep is the pool at ASA? Any insight into growth or future hiring plans?
Thanks for any help.

Capt Ellis said there was 70 in our company newsletter a few months ago. Not sure about now.

We seem to have a critical pilot shortage. I road in today with a busload of drafted pilots (both ATR and CRJ). They actually drafted people while they were in recurrent training. I would guess that as soon as the backlog of E-120 pilots in training clears out, we will hire.

How is that retraining coming along . .

Thanks for the info, Sleepy. So now if anyone knows when the EMB guys will be done retraining, please let us know.

Have they finished the ATL guys? And have they started the EMB guys based in DFW? Any one heard if they are able to get the 700's they want from Bombardier?

Thanks, much.

I agree with the shortage,. only to the point of a shortage 'online'. -Ask all the Captains that are sitting right seat, and all the ones TDY'd to DFW- There are plenty here, but in training. The ATL EMBs guys dont show to finish training until late August / September.

Hey guys,

Anyone know what ASA is hiring into, or will? Is atlanta a more junior base?

Thanks

The Dallas base is most junior at ASA. I was a Dec. newhire and our class of 20 were all assigned DFW/CRJ. 10 to the 200 and 10 to the 700.

I can say that so far it is great. I commute from ATL and have only had one day of reserve, that will change, but for now I hold a relief line, and have a hard line my first full month on the line in April. ASA/DFW just made a 35% increase in one day on April 6th so things are crazy, but good.

My prediction is we hire by mid to late summer, after things smooth out with the shuffle of EMB pilots.

Medeco

Latest resources

Back