Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What Ty & 717capt said.

I can give some quick answers, though.

Our training is almost exactly as you described yours. Online plus a day in the classroom each year. It is tacked on to a sim training event in Dallas (PC or PT). We usually only know a month ahead when the sim will be scheduled. You can have it replace a trip or be scheduled in between trips (if you want the $$$$). Cpts hit the sim every six months...FOs every year. Been talking about a 9mos training cycle for all some day....believe it when you're living it.

Trips are in either an AM or PM pattern, most hard lines start on the same day of the week through the month. One month bid periods; no PBS; no redeyes; lots of opportunity to trade trips with company or other pilots. Open time system that is vast and still evolving w/our new contract...too much to go into here. Can't drop trips unless there is a buyer. You can pick up trips at other bases but there are a few restrictions. Base seniority has been posted elsewhere recently....TX bases are senior, LAS and OAK are junior, all others are in the middle. DEN will be a crew base....just be prepared to wait a while for it.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you StopNTsing for taking the time to answer my questions.

What is the thing in front of the #1 radio on the center console on the captain side on SW aircraft? HUD control, performance computer or fancy radio tuning unit?

Other than that ,I just wait until all is settled.

AT pilot

for F/Os the further west you go the better seniority gets. MCO, BWI, DAL are the senior bases. Everything west of Texas is junior. I suspect LAS becoming a base had something to do with it. PHX is the most complained about base for F/Os due to the Luke Mafia. I also suspect that once the Wright Ammendment goes away, DAL will double in size, thus becoming somewhat junior. MCO is in line to be the smallest and maybe most senior base in five to ten years.

Latest resources

Back