• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Questions for Republic guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is Delta or any other airline the currently uses Republic for contract feed actually doing anything about it? Or are they planning to do anything about it? Are they not going to renew connection flying contracts with Republic or cancel them? I would guess they want to cancel contracts, as they are now giving their competitor’s money. In this very competitive industry, I am sure they will put a stop to that ASAP.
Unless the cancellation fees and penalties are less than the cost to let them finish their contracts and the loss of revenue from passengers flying on RAH flights, I'm sure they won't try early cancellation. Simple money game.

However, I'd be extremely shocked to see them renew those contracts. Which is good news for other regionals. I'm expecting to see an interesting hiring trend at those other Regionals as the flying to RAH is yanked at the earliest available opportunity, at the slow expense of RAH jobs.

I agree, once on their own (which looks to be the plan), they won’t last 2 years. There is enough capacity in the system already.
I think it'll be longer than that. The first renewal contracts come up well after that 2 year mark. I'm guessing 4-5 years before we see a real pinch at RAH, long enough for them to shift their business model. I'm sure their management sees it coming just as obviously as we do.

What a mess...

1. When are your respective contracts amendable?

2. Considering that the "commuters" are no longer a short stop on your way to a career at a "major" are you going to demand pay worthy of someone who safely hauls thousands of men women and children around the world? Something on the order of +/- 100k for mid level FOs, +/- 200k for mid level Captains? Will you tell the company to pound sand until you get what you deserve?

32K base for 3yr FO and 62K base for 6yr captain is obscene. (Republic pay from APC) Im sure I do not have to point that out.

You guys need to realize that you'll not likely be moving on from Chataqua/Shuttle/Rep etc. to a major like you probably planned. Your airline is moving in, in its entirety, and bringing you with it.

I mean no disrespect but you need to tow the line and demand fair compensation. This affects us all. The future viability of this career depends on it.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

No worries we are on it. You are absolutely right, we do realize the situation. What is going to, and needs to happen isn't going to happen overnight but trust that we are on it. The future viability of RAH pilots careers depends on it.

RobCat,

If you are a RAH pilot, that is the response we are all looking for. If we cant kill you, we'll all be behind you. I mean that sort of tongue in cheek like.

Thanks

Also: Are all of the RAH carriers under the same contract? When are they (or is it) up for section ?

Last edited:
No worries we are on it. You are absolutely right, we do realize the situation. What is going to, and needs to happen isn't going to happen overnight but trust that we are on it. The future viability of RAH pilots careers depends on it.

x2. Its gonna take longer than everyone hopes and surely would like, but we'll make it happen!

As far as the Haters and rumor spreaders about our feeder flying......

http://www.centreforaviation.com/ne...st-vision-yet-of-consolidation-strategy/page1

This has been posted elsewhere but its near the top of the article

Bedford said he was also questioned on whether the company had the ability to run both a fixed fee and branded services and whether or not its fixed-fee contracts were solid. “These are long-term contracts,” he responded. “The first contract doesn’t come for renewal until 2012 and that is with Continental for 15 50-seat regional jets. Then the contracts segment all the way through 2020 and our larger-capacity aircraft are under eight-plus-year contracts. There are no loopholes or openings that would create disruptions but we are always cognizant of the counter-party risk.”

Im talking about the pilot RLA contract. Is there one RAH contract, or does each carrier have a separate contract. When is it (or are they) up for section 6?

RobCat,

If you are a RAH pilot, that is the response we are all looking for. If we cant kill you, we'll all be behind you. I mean that sort of tongue in cheek like.

Thanks

Also: Are all of the RAH carriers under the same contract? When are they (or is it) up for section ?

No we are not "all" under the same contract. The F9 contract extends for 5 more years as approved by BB and RAH. After that we'll see, hopefully the rest of the company will finally stand up for pay that is worthy of the aircraft they fly.

I am thinking of a bit more immediate threat:

RAH is buying all sorts of new planes, and trying to expand. Meanwhile, AirTran and Delta especially are doing their best to throw as many of their flight on as many of RAH's routes as possible-and you can bet every ticket RAH sells will be matched or undercut by both these majors.

Now, considering all the friends and familty Midwest people had around that area, and how pissed off all these people are, it would appear that RAH is not creating a great first impression. Would you buy a ticket on these guys if your friend or relative had just told you about losing their job to some 23 year old who makes less than half what the Midwest pilot did? I doubt it-especially when you can fly on Delta or AirTran for the same or less.

Expansion is expensive, new planes are expensive, and all this competition has to be bleeding potential revenue. Does anyone think RAH can stay afloat very long without more happy campers? I think RAH will run into a cash problem very quickly, their branded ops are only about 75% full-not a good load factor by any standard.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsId=20091207005786&newsLang=en

-Pissing all over the local icon and firing everyone is no way to start a successful airline.

I am thinking of a bit more immediate threat:

RAH is buying all sorts of new planes, and trying to expand. Meanwhile, AirTran and Delta especially are doing their best to throw as many of their flight on as many of RAH's routes as possible-and you can bet every ticket RAH sells will be matched or undercut by both these majors.

Now, considering all the friends and familty Midwest people had around that area, and how pissed off all these people are, it would appear that RAH is not creating a great first impression. Would you buy a ticket on these guys if your friend or relative had just told you about losing their job to some 23 year old who makes less than half what the Midwest pilot did? I doubt it-especially when you can fly on Delta or AirTran for the same or less.

Expansion is expensive, new planes are expensive, and all this competition has to be bleeding potential revenue. Does anyone think RAH can stay afloat very long without more happy campers? I think RAH will run into a cash problem very quickly, their branded ops are only about 75% full-not a good load factor by any standard.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsId=20091207005786&newsLang=en

-Pissing all over the local icon and firing everyone is no way to start a successful airline.

From your article:
"Load factor on branded operations was 77.9%, an increase of 3.4 percentage points from combined operations at Frontier and Midwest in November 2008"

And from here:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/airtran-airways-reports-november-traffic-78319357.htmlhttp://http://www.prnewswire.com/ne...irways-reports-november-traffic-78319357.html

It says Airtrans load factor increased .9 points from 75.8% to 76.7% during the same period.

So what other made-up fantasies do you have about our impending doom?

I suppose you think that a 100% load factor automatically means you're making money, right?

Last edited:
From your article:
"Load factor on branded operations was 77.9%, an increase of 3.4 percentage points from combined operations at Frontier and Midwest in November 2008"

And from here:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/airtran-airways-reports-november-traffic-78319357.htmlhttp://http://www.prnewswire.com/ne...irways-reports-november-traffic-78319357.html

It says Airtrans load factor increased .9 points from 75.8% to 76.7% during the same period.

So what other made-up fantasies do you have about our impending doom?

I suppose you think that a 100% load factor automatically means you're making money, right?

We shall see....

Latest resources

Back