Questions for Republic guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hose A. Jiminez

1. When are your respective contracts amendable?

2. Considering that the "commuters" are no longer a short stop on your way to a career at a "major" are you going to demand pay worthy of someone who safely hauls thousands of men women and children around the world? Something on the order of +/- 100k for mid level FOs, +/- 200k for mid level Captains? Will you tell the company to pound sand until you get what you deserve?

32K base for 3yr FO and 62K base for 6yr captain is obscene. (Republic pay from APC) Im sure I do not have to point that out.

You guys need to realize that you'll not likely be moving on from Chataqua/Shuttle/Rep etc. to a major like you probably planned. Your airline is moving in, in its entirety, and bringing you with it.

I mean no disrespect but you need to tow the line and demand fair compensation. This affects us all. The future viability of this career depends on it.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1. When are your respective contracts amendable?

2. Considering that the "commuters" are no longer a short stop on your way to a career at a "major" are you going to demand pay worthy of someone who safely hauls thousands of men women and children around the world? Something on the order of +/- 100k for mid level FOs, +/- 200k for mid level Captains? Will you tell the company to pound sand until you get what you deserve?

32K base for 3yr FO and 62K base for 6yr captain is obscene. (Republic pay from APC) Im sure I do not have to point that out.

You guys need to realize that you'll not likely be moving on from Chataqua/Shuttle/Rep etc. to a major like you probably planned. Your airline is moving in, in its entirety, and bringing you with it.

I mean no disrespect but you need to tow the line and demand fair compensation. This affects us all. The future viability of this career depends on it.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hopfully, none of this will matter.

Delta, AirTran and everyone else is throwing everything at these guys-including the kitchen sink. I think it will be very difficult for Republic to survive more than a year or two-especially after DAL and United stop giving them connection business.

Any new airline's survival is an uphill battle, even in the best of times. These days, the big guys (especially AirTran) will try very hard to kill Republic. I think their chances of doing so are excellent. Many people at Republic have no idea how vulnerable they really are.

I hate to see people lose their jobs, but to see what has become of Midwest pilots makes me far, far less sympathetic toward these kids....

Respect your post throughout. You might not get many intelligent replies tho considering your signature is "Como se Yama Yo MAMA!!!".

CRJ, agreed.

Rubber layin, "como se yama yo mama" is a line from the movie "Fandango" Not trying to offend the too easily offended.

Question 3. Do you guys realize the gravity of the situation?

Last edited:
Also, "Hose A. Jiminez" is from "The Right Stuff" and an actual real life comedian from back in the 60's. Thought Id give you a heads up before you label me a racist.

Is Delta or any other airline the currently uses Republic for contract feed actually doing anything about it? Or are they planning to do anything about it? Are they not going to renew connection flying contracts with Republic or cancel them? I would guess they want to cancel contracts, as they are now giving their competitor’s money. In this very competitive industry, I am sure they will put a stop to that ASAP.

I agree, once on their own (which looks to be the plan), they won’t last 2 years. There is enough capacity in the system already.

Love Fandango! DOM! Can't remember where your line is in the movie but whatever. There's only one man for this flight, Truman!

-Hey! who messed with my laundry!!

Deleted

Last edited:
CRJ, agreed.

Rubber layin, "como se yama yo mama" is a line from the movie "Fandango"

great movie -

"You sold your car to throw a party? But you didn't even graduate!"

"they've seen butts before, they're from New Jersey"

"...O.K. now you'll be coming out here and you'll be doing a stable fall face down frog modified. Now out here comes the static line 'cause it goes like from this to here see, and then the pilot chute will open and it'll pull the bridle out and then the main canopy will be open see, 'cause they're all connected, and then you'll be down here and you'll be looking up here at the WDI indicator and you'll also going to check for Mae West and if that's not there then you need to check here for 4 panels and a hole. Then when you come down you're gonna find the piece and you're gonna land over here and you're going to get in this position - except you don't wanna do that - because that means you in trouble, so what you want to do is you wanna get right here and then you're gonna come round here and you're gonna fold up and you're gonna do a toggle and jettison and always watch the horizon O.K?.."

Last edited:
Love Fandango! DOM! Can't remember where your line is in the movie but whatever. There's only one man for this flight, Truman!

-Hey! who messed with my laundry!!

Its when the car is broke down, Gardner is taking a leak in the bar ditch and mumbling some song that ends in "como se yama yo mama" Then asks the always pertinent question on West Texas road trips:

"What do you reckon we ought to have for breakfast... BBQ?" (puke sound in the background) "O.K. Chili"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back