• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Questions for JB pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah... thats the best thing about JetBlue. If you are making a genuine effort to do the right thing and get to work, or help the company... Scheduling will play ball.

I busted a commute (after allowing 6 shots and 18 hours to get to work). The scheduler I worked with was very polite, and HOOKED ME UP with a better trip and more pay. All because we were working together in an attempt to move planes and not working against each other to see who could screw who the hardest.

cool....it doesn't happen a 100% of the time. But the point is that it DOES happen.

I second that. Believe it or not, one of my favorite things about JetBlue is actually our relationship with crew scheduling. Sitting reserve--and particularly, COMMUTING to reserve--is never pleasant at any airline. However, due to the flexible and professional nature of JetBlue's crew scheduling people, it has been a WAY more positive experience than I ever imagined.

Here are just a few examples off the top of my head: I have often been able to commute to or from work on reserve days, been released early without asking, been reassigned if an assigned pairing doesn't look like it's going to work out, had my reserve show time adjusted so I could make a later commute, been given a choice to accept a trip or not that is close on legalities, and so on. The long call situation works well now, overall. I think most of the kinks have been worked out. Oh, and on the occasions where I've been switched from long-call to short-call due to weather alerts, etc., crew scheduling has been very flexible on revising my show time to make it work.

I came from one of the better regionals out there, and I was never treated with the courtesy and respect I get from the scheduling department at JetBlue. Back at Brand X, scheduling always played hardball and the answer was always "No" to start with, for no good reason--just because they could. It was also far less transparent than what we have at B6. You have to give the scheduling department at JetBlue a lot of credit for doing a great job.

I doubt everybody at JetBlue sees it this way. Maybe you have to come from the regional world to really appreciate it. But, obviously, I appreciate it.

Are you frickin kidding me? Drink some more koolaid pal. Guess you wont be voting for JBPA.
So your mad because his happy working at JeBlue.

Are you frickin kidding me? Drink some more koolaid pal. Guess you wont be voting for JBPA.

Don't be so sure pal. I enjoy it here very much... and I'm a firm "Yes" vote. Not because I hate the company, but because we need formalize the things we have.

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.

Will you kindly point out exactly in my post where I was drinking koolaid or not voting for JBPA? When I re-read my post, I don't see any of that in there.

On the subject of JBPA, if I do vote for a union, it certainly won't be based on your ability to make friends and influence people. If you're trying to win people over to your side, you might want to stop jumping to conclusions and attacking people without provocation.

Have a great day.

Lebowski

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back