• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WTF?

Moral is at an all time low at PSA.
Why?
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if you put your crews in the worst hotels N.C. or Alabama has to offer you will piss them off.
No food, beside the airport or highway, in now way will you have any kind of QOL on the road. You will eat all your meals at CLT airport and in 4 months you will rather go hungry then eat a $7 sandwich at quizinoes. (sp?)

In a time when PSA is having it tough to find qualified crews you would think they would try do something to increase moral. But no/nothing. Our Hotels are my biggest issue with the company. They are just plain unacceptable.

I feel for the scheduling dept. THey work hard for what they are given. Bad management is what will kill US Air and PSA. How many flights can they cancel and still stay in business? They can't blame this on the pilots or F/A's.

Which brings me to the next....Flight Attendents.
I heard of the 3 g hiring policy at PSA.
The flight attendents have to fall in one of 3 catagories.
Gay
Getto
or Granny.

THe trailer trash they hire is disgusting. But i guess they get what they pay for!

Come to PSA, drink the kool aid in the interview. But the truth is you will sit reserve and not make much money and live life in some pretty awefull hotels.

How does that work to move your days when you're on reserve?
You put in for a reserve day trade. In CLT or DAY they will generally move your days for you. In TYS they are so short right now probably not. Last month they only had one person on reserve in TYS so who knows.

ex j-41 is right though. Do not let me paint too rosy a picture for you. Moral is low, everyone is pissed off at someone or something. The schedules are bad. Commuting to DAY or TYS is nearly impossible. You will generally have to go day before and return day after. CLT does not have that problem unless you are commuting from west of the Mississippi river in which case, why are you considering PSA? The schedulers will constantly change your schedule and hound you (as I have discovered recently for no reason at all). Most of the hotels leave a little (ok j-41, a lot) to be desired. Occasionally there is the diamond in the rough. Most of our hotels have some problem with them ranging from no food nearby, no entertainment nearby, prostitution rings being run in the hotels, to drug sales going on in the hallways. However the company is never going to house us at the Crown Plaza. j-41, you have to admit maybe 10% of hotels are good (MGM), 40% of the hotels are acceptable (OAJ, LIT, MOB, ABE), and the other 50% need to go (CAE, CAK, BHM, FAY, ILM). Funny thing is I was trying to think of the acceptable ones and the bad ones and had to revise my percentages a bit.

ya_you know the gotels need work when crews show 45min before show time togo to the airport to get something to eat.

You accepted an interview on June 1st and dont know where the bases are, what the pay is, what routes they fly?

You need to do some research !!!!

You would be surprised at how much people don't research. When I was going through college all the people at my school knew was ExpressJet. Then someone, heaven forbid got hired at a freight company people were like why would you work there?

This is the coversation I heard between 2 instructors after a friend got on with AirNet. "What is the name of the company that hired you........AirNet........never heard of it." Really....it's home base is out of an airport that we X-C to all the time, and you've never heard of it? Next your going to tell me you've never heard of NetJets. NetJets...huh??? I give up!

I went to a smaller pilot factory and even they pushed the XJet thing so much that people never looked around at other opportunities. I will note that they are getting better but slowly. But all they know is that it's better than instructing, so I'll take what I can get!! Whatever...less competition for me!

Note: I have nothing against XJET, just people who don't explore their options and think any one place is the end all opportunity. I'm also not all about being someone's b!tch (cough....intern) 9-5, five days a week for FREE!

Last edited:
However the company is never going to house us at the CrownPlaza. j-41

For years, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Crystal City in Washington. Now, the holiday inn that is old and nasty.

In CAE, used to be downtown, right next to campus. Now, 25 min drive to the middle of nowhere.

Just a slight improvement in hotels would sure go to help out morale there.

What are the routes for psa from each domocile? Training Contract?
From CLT just about anywhere in the SE states (MOB, MGM, BHM, FAY, BNA, ATL, ....) DAY and TYS do quite a bit of Philly, DC, and LGA flying to just about anywhere this side of the Mississippi river, as well as CLT stuff. Occasionally CLT crews will get up there but it is rare. Occasionally on the weekends we do a PIT or BOS flight but I have never done one.

No training contract. They tried to do one last year for the CEL guys and it failed.

For years, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Crystal City in Washington. Now, the holiday inn that is old and nasty.

In CAE, used to be downtown, right next to campus. Now, 25 min drive to the middle of nowhere.

Just a slight improvement in hotels would sure go to help out morale there.
I hear of the good old days when we stayed much better hotels. Unfortunately this was before upper management USAIR decided not to pay a bunch of people for services render and put the money in their own retirement accounts before the door hit them on their rear end on the way out.

Next time you are in CAE and the old lady is driving you, ask her how much money US AIR owes her. You will be amazed, and she might go a little crazy on you when you ask her. I do not know how I get into the conversation with her one morning but I did and you could just see the steam rising from her head as she discussed it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back