• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Questions about PSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
heh, bout the itnerview, got moved to june 13th...So haavent gone yet..
I'll see ya there. Have you got a hotel yet? The one they recommended is full on the 13th and I'm looking for a place.

HERE THE REAL DEAL ABOUT PSA!!!!!

the group that are upgrading now at the company have been here 4 to 5 years (long time) only because J4J US AIR furlough deal, now those guys are going back and all well be back by feb of 2008, next group that'll upgrade within the next 3 to 6 months will be there just over 3 years (not too bad for a regional) myself included, and then after that we'll have guys upgrading 2 to 3 years! real deal

schedules suck, most regionals do, all our guys are flying on days off and reserves are flying 95 hours a month because management can't staff properly, now they are hiring/upgrading like crazy (well crazy for little PSA, 500 total pilots) the way they are hiring and guys are leaving reserve will be cut down to nothing really soon, these guys that B#itch all the time got in when we barely were hiring, so it sucked for them, now they'll hate life a b#tch about everything the rest of their career as a pilot...that'll just scare newbees away and keep them on reserve another 2 years hahahaha, REAL DEAL

PAY SUCKS.........REAL DEAL
get off reserve and make a little more

hotels are ok, some suck really bad and some are good, the guys that complain most just stay in their room and get eaten by bed bugs instead of going out and enjoying themselves if there is stuff to do

Planes are all just over 3 or so years old, still in good shape good thing to fly and it beats flight instructing

bases...CLT TYS DAY
interview is really easy it is all on aviationinterviews.com
if your not an idiot or even if you are you'll be hired

enjoy

Hey guys,
Yea, the hotel they recommend was full, i was able to get a room for $55.00 at the La Quinta Inn, Charlotte Airport North, 3127 Sloane Drive, Charlotte, NC 28208
704-392-1600...
Jedi, Where/What time you flying in?
Clipper..How do days off work? Meaning do you get 2, 3 in a row, or just 1 off, etc.....Airline schedules are compeltely new to me.. Thanks..

your days off are different every month, rarely 1 usually during beginning and ending of months, but mostly 2 to 3, it's nice when you get 4 to 5 on some months. if hired you'll be on reserve, those scheds are pretty flexible you could make it to where you have three 1 days offs and have 6 in a row later

Hey guys,
Yea, the hotel they recommend was full, i was able to get a room for $55.00 at the La Quinta Inn, Charlotte Airport North, 3127 Sloane Drive, Charlotte, NC 28208
704-392-1600...
I'm coming in from MIA, arrival at 10:30ish. Thanks for the hotel info.
can anyone help me get an interview with psa?
thanks
Google their website... Let's not be that lazy now.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
704-392-1600...
Clipper..How do days off work? Meaning do you get 2, 3 in a row, or just 1 off, etc.....Airline schedules are compeltely new to me.. Thanks..

We are contracted to (2) 3 day off periods. The rest they generally do in 2 day off blocks. Like clipper sad, on reserve you can generally move your days around all you want. I live in base so I did a lot of 1 day off events while on reserve. I would do 2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off etc. This would limit my hotel events and allow me more time at home. Then when they call to Junior man, they have to give you the day back within a few days (due to 1 in 7 rule).

Also when you get Junior Manned (assuming only 10 days off scheduled), you will get your day back. When I was reserve, I did quite a few JM events as it would pay above guarantee and I would get a whole day off later in return. In other words, I would come in fly the last flight out to an overnight, get paid 6 hours above guarantee, then either fly the next day as reserve or if the next day was JM, male another 6 hours. On a few occasions, I made 12 hours pay and from door step to door step and I was away from home 14 hours (I live close to an hour from the airport). Not too bad. I call that working smarter not harder.

That doesnt sound too bad.... How many days off per month total? Also, is it possible/feesible to be stationed in any of the domiciles and live/commute from Virginia? I have a buddy who works for ASA and lives in MD...Flies to atl does his stint and flies home..Thanks again for the info

Latest resources

Back