Question regarding Landings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beach landings are fun :)

What you need to do is get in contact with the local agency that owns/regulates the beach (the city, state, county....whoever). It might take some homework to figure that out, but they will be the ones who can let you know for sure if its legal. Make sure you get a name of the person (and their agency) who says its ok, cuz I can almost guarantee someone is gonna ask when you do land there.

Make sure you know when low tide is, too!

Cheers

B

"I say if a helo can do it, Why not a fixed wing."

Check the difference in FAR 91 minimum safe altitudes for helicopters. And don't fall in the trap set by the exception for "when necessary for takeoff or landing". The NTSB courts have consistantly ruled that the "necessary" clause is applicable only to established airports. When you land off-airport it's the pilots responsibility to maintain the required distance (1000' congested or 500' non-congested) from persons and property on the surface. As several hot air balloonists have sadly discovered, there's no exception for them either.

Re: Beach

Rich Man said:
one time a friend landed his glider in a farmers field (he run out of fuel)

How much fuel does his glider hold???

Silly me, I was always under the impression that since a glider doesn't have an engine that they probably would forego the installation of a fuel system, but appearantly not... Shows how much I know!

;)

Re: Re: Beach

Falcon Capt said:
How much fuel does his glider hold???

Silly me, I was always under the impression that since a glider doesn't have an engine that they probably would forego the installation of a fuel system, but appearantly not... Shows how much I know!

;)

There are powered gliders you know.

http://www.diamondair.com/contentc/xtspec.htm

Latest resources

Back