• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question regarding Comair flying going to ASA and Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's not my point. My point is is that ASA is going to be flying Comair airplanes thus possibly resulting in job losses at Comair. Are you not both ALPA? Aren't you going to stand up with your ALPA brethren and refuse the flying unless it is done by Comair pilots?

Are you suggesting ASA take active steps to stop the whip-saw!?!? They can't even take active steps to negotiate their own contract.

Wow....thanks guys! No nasty responses. This was more aimed at the pilots that were ripping on Skywest pilots before. :)

Are you suggesting ASA take active steps to stop the whip-saw!?!? They can't even take active steps to negotiate their own contract.

Ah..crap, here we go.

It doesn't bother me as much as SkyWest flying the planes, because ASA can still negotiatie a significant pay raise. I it will really bother me, if they take some crappy pay rates after they are recieving a little "growth"

I am not going to refuse to fly a Comair airplane, but I'm not on here high-fiving myself about it. I don't enjoy growth at someone elses expense.

The difference is, there were some on this board that were GIDDY at the prospect of growth when ASA was loosing A/C to SKW. Just a little TOO excited about it.

Comair pilots have always been a class act and I wish them luck. We will both need it.

I am not at all happy to take Comair's planes. Even though I work at ASA, Comair is a much better run company over ASA. Everytime I go into CVG, the rampers are always there, there is always an open gate, and the ground crews are quick to service the aircraft. I can't say that about Atlanta. Why Delta would dismantle a great company is beyond me.

Good luck guys/gals....

Why Delta would dismantle a great company is beyond me.

Remember that we are talking about a company that decided random flight cancellations and an employee fund for purchasing fuel would be a good idea.

:(Not happy about getting those airplanes. To the Comair folks....I'm Sorry! You can bank on the fact that I would NEVER cross a picket line of yours or ANY Union carrier. Hope things turn around for ya'll. Happy Holidays...FWIW!;)

It seems that when Skywest started getting ASA airplanes and flying, people were up in arms calling them scabs, saying they should "refuse" to fly those airplanes. Since ASA is getting Comair flying and airplanes, are the ASA guys expected to do the same and are they "scabs" if they don't? Just curious.

no. well, at least not here on the daily moronathon that is fi.com. here, anything done under the banner of ALPA is lauded as 'sticking to your guns' or 'nutting up' or 'having a spine.' unless it is in regards to mesa, of course.

Latest resources

Back