Question on NetJet Prerequisite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the responses

I apologize if my question offended anyone at NetJets or anywhere else. I am truly enlightened by all of your responses and I hope that there is a better future for professional pilots. I will continue to work towards making myself qualified for a flying job that will not only pay my bills, but also give me a better quality of life. Apparently, NetJets pilots have provided me with the insight that NetJets is not for me.

One question for Hawker Pilot, can you clarify what a Trust Fund Baby is?
Also the way companies treat pilots, I understand how pilots lose their sense of self worth, for I am not worthy at the moment.

Once again, thanks everyone.

Peace and safe flying.

Self worth has nothing to do with how you are treated. They didn't treat Nelson Mandela too well for twenty years of prison, yet he seemed to realize his full potential.

Aviator 1x1

From the mgt's point of view, you are a perfect candidate. Go for the job. It is better that what you are doing now.
In 4 or 5 years you should be ready for a better job.
The other option is a regional.

good luck

Diversified?

Being a fractional ownership pilot, your resposibility is diversified.
That statement sounds like something an insurance salesman would say. Your responsibility is WHOLE, not even dispatch shares any responsibility for anything that may or may not happen. It all belongs to you. If you violate a reg, the company will self disclose to the FAA. 6 weeks later when you get a letter in the mail from the FEDs, you will have no idea why.

If you would have asked me about NJA 2 years ago, I would have done everything I could to convince you this is where you want to be. NOT ANYMORE! This is a hostile place to work, and the company will let you violate regs, fly tired and occasionaly try to convince you that it is OK to carry a maintenance issue. When you refuse, be ready for the punishment that follows.

As far as the pay goes, it's up to you dude. $27K for the foreseeable future with no chance of upgrading. If this TA passes, you may never upgrade. They have language in it for 3 year seat locks. Guess what will happen at the end of 3 years when seat locks are up..... Every pilot that is senior to you will be bidding a different airplane. One other thing, with the union representation we have now don't be surprised if you screw up in training and they fire you. Union will not help at this time.

With all that being said, you know what you are getting into now and you know the pay scale indefinately so come on over. In fact, I think every pilot out there should apply and take the job. After a year or 2 of abuse, you will quit and have at least gotten a type rating out of the deal. Then the cycle can start again.

Has the exodus from NJA already begun? Sheeesh - it sounds like a very difficult situation. I bet JetBlue and AirTran have files full of NJA resumes....

Latest resources

Back