Question on NetJet Prerequisite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aviator1x1

I would like to know how much of the total 250 hours instrument time can be in a simulator? How flexible is recruitment on the 250 hours instrument time.
Thank you.

I am going to be gentle...I had many responses when I read your question but here is the best I can do.

IF you reeeeeally have to ask that question, you "probably" aren't even "competitive." You should, conversely, apply to every single company that you desire to work for though regardless.

I will stop there.

If you don't have an ATP (as your tag suggests) I wouldn't waste the postage. Last I heard, it was a requirment. That being said, if things keep going the way they are, they will have to lower the mins to get warm bodies in new hire classes. As for 250 hours of instrument... May I suggest you go out and get a job at Airnet or something similar.

No More Trust Fund Baby's

Aviator1x2, we really dont need any more trust fund baby's who are just happy to be flying jets over here. You have seen the new numbers for the TA....why would you even consider coming to this train wreck. Have a little self respect.....if you still have no self worth, you can have my spot here just as soon as I find a real job. NutJets is NOT a career!!!!

To All interested NJ current pilots and WB .

Here is My two cents for why you should not bash people who wants to join NJ. I do agree with you all and stand behind you in your fight for a better contract, something to build a secure career and future on.

It's with interest I read all your posts regarding your new TA. Here is my story and could probably be copie dby a lot of other pilots in simmilar situations out there.

1. Many of us have been laid off from majors and have been through
the the entire circle. Low pay as a CFI for years, low pay at
commuters, finally good pay at the majors; AND NOW..... nothing.

2. We are faced with a problem of paying our bills. 13 years after I
graduated College I am back to where I was 2 years after college.
( I did not start college at age 19 )

3. If we ( who are laid off) wants to stay in flying, NJ is one of the
few places that actually pays enough the first 3-4 years to live off.

4. And NO, I didn't waist my money on stupid things. I don't own a
$ 300,000 house rather a $ 110,000 where the mortage is less than
I have to pay in rent for a OK place.

5. I do have a little bit of savings, but most of it is GONE.

6. The option, is to start with a commuter again = $ 21,000 - $24,000
first year pay. Some of them don't pay you during training for 6 - 8
weeks ( extra expencees: Hotel/crash pad, food on the road, travell, etc.).
Some pay only for Hotel others pay half during training, and again others
pay just pr.diem. Can I afford to blow the rest of my saving hoping to
make the a captain again quicker at the commuter?

7. Being a fractional ownership pilot, your resposibility is diversified.
You have to be the pilot,the outstation trouble shooter, the FA, the
organiser, the everything. And you are ofte on the road for longer periods
at a time. Forsaking your familly, uanble to support your kids in sports, arts,
or wathever happens when you are NOT home. All this (again) while You
are trying to maintain a family life.

So DO FIGHT HARD FOR YOUR CONTRACT, BUT DON'T CUT PILOTS TRYING TO RESTRUCTURE THEIR CAREERS.

Have a nice flight.
icon11.gif

Thats a good point MD80.

I think it all boils down to the facy that we at NJA are so F'n FRUSTRATED!

You gotta do what you gotta do to get by, thats true. NJA has some bennies that are a good bit better than a regional. One being the schedule. However, you will work harder than you ever have in aviation...that I am sure of. Your duties as an FO are endless and actually flying the plane is WAAAAAY down the list.

Just be advised....this is a very hostile environment now and as a new hire, you will NOT be protected by our union.(You will however have to pay dues!)

I would absolutely not come here until a new contract is accepted and by that, I mean NOT the current TA that is on the table.
Just my .02 cents

Hold on folks! "better schedule than regionals". Let's take this first.
If you get hired today by netjets, you will hold the 17 day schedule as an FO on ANY fleet. This means it changes every month, and you don't know it till the 15th of the month. UNLIKE the regionals, you cannot bid for a line, you just get one arbitrarily assigned. You can request two SDOs (scheduled days off), and they usually give you at least one of those. That's it. Is that a better schedule than the regionals? As a new hire pilot at Pinnacle, you will be on reserve, with probably 10 days off a month. No good. However, shortly after you get on line, pehaps a couple of months, you will get a hard line, than work up to better and more days off. You will always be on the 17 day line at NJA. I'm not recommending the regionals, by the way, just comparing since you brought it up. When will you get the 7 and 7, you ask? I've been here, well, it will be two years next month. What schedule am I on? The 17 day. I was able to hold thee 7 and 7 briefly, but was then bumped back off. How can that be? Well, Grasshopper, I will tell you. As bids open up on my plane, pilots from smaller planes (ultra) bid captain and bump me down, eliminating any chance for upgrade. In the world of NJA, captains must be "released" first, and before they are, they bid on the FO seniority list for the 7 and 7. If this sounds more complicated than the airlines... IT IS. If you think this is bad, you should see the TA!
You say that the pay here is enough to get by on? You sure? You want to phone a friend? I think not. I was lucky enough to get bumped to Captain's pay, but those days are GONE. I'd be gone too if I was making 29k.
I'd keep looking, MD80pilot. Try CS. The pay is twice what you will get at NJA and you will be on the 7 and 7 right away. More growth and faster upgrade. Seems pretty easy to me. I don't know why you'd want this over that. I have an invested interest, I've been sitting here for two years and so going to CS isn't such an easy move for me. For you... I think it would be smarter.

Latest resources

Back