Question on Mins at Amer Eagle or other Regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
uh oh, i may have struck a nerve.

No, I think it is the other way around, someone struck a nerve with you. Just get over the fact that people have connections and can get the job with a few less hours than you did, move on, and do your job. Pretty simple really.

You bet if I had connections or an "in" somewhere i would be using them, nothing wrong with that at all. Its how the world works buddy......

No, I think it is the other way around, someone struck a nerve with you. Just get over the fact that people have connections and can get the job with a few less hours than you did, move on, and do your job. Pretty simple really.

You bet if I had connections or an "in" somewhere i would be using them, nothing wrong with that at all. Its how the world works buddy......

How has the flying been lately? Nice and cold at night?

So what makes you qualified for a mainline job. Thousands of hours with the autopilot on or is it the military guy who has been in the single/two seat fighter doing 1.5 hr sorties flying in a lot of nice weather. I am not saying a fighter guys jobs is easy, but how often do they go fly off into weather or land with 1/2 mile vis and 100 OVC? I as because I really don't know. While I was in the military deployed to this one location, we canx severl missions becuase the AOR was cloudy. We were up flying but none of the little planes even left the ground..or maybe the military guy flying heavies, autopilot on. Maybe by the companies posted requirements. Or is it you don't feel personally qualified to be responsible for over 100 lives? Not an insult just curious.

I don't understand where you are going with the military stuff so i'm not sure what to say. As to my qualifications, I have 2 summers and 1.5 winters in a transport category aircraft. It is hubris if anybody with that little experience says they have fully experienced what they need to.

I'm man enough to admit there is jealousy, I did above too. I'm already working on my path to it. It isn't having friends and contacts I am against.

I don't understand where you are going with the military stuff so i'm not sure what to say. As to my qualifications, I have 2 summers and 1.5 winters in a transport category aircraft. It is hubris if anybody with that little experience says they have fully experienced what they need to.

You're right, by the way, I am KF and I won't apologize for the fact that I have been one of the lucky ones. I'm darn lucky and I'm the first to admit it. But I'll say this, too: you don't give yourself enough credit if you think you're not ready for a major. If CAL wanted only people with tons of flight hours, you're absolutely right, I wouldn't be flying for them today. But I think they believe that attitude is most important and skills can be taught. Besides, an airplane's an airplane's an airplane. The biggest difference between CAL and Eagle, imho, is not the size of airplane nor the number of people on them. The main difference is professionalism. From crew briefings to uniform appearance, the guys I fly with at CAL seem much more concerned about doing things the right way than at Eagle. Much less cowboy. It's the type of operation that makes a major different...flying all hours of the night, across oceans, into strange lands with difficult approaches and language barriers. But you can succeed in that environment just like me or anyone else can. Lets be honest, VNAV and autothrottles take half the flying part out of this job compared to the RJ. But there's more than that. It's attitude and a willingness to learn that make the difference.

First of all, I do realize that sim time is not flight time, but I know how tight Eagle was on staffing when I worked for them, and I hear that they are even tighter now, so I just wondered if anyone knew if they'd make an exception now and then. And second of all, until you're brave enough to publicly list your own credentials, I'd suggest you not imply that my ratings are fake. Trust me, my friend, they're real. Once you finally get a type for yourself, we can talk. Until then, lets keep the content of this board focused on being productive and not degrading.

Perhaps I was a bit abrupt, but it's hard to take things at face value on FI.

Unfortunately my flight background is sufficiently unusual to make me readily identifiable to anyone who knows me, and I like to retain the flexibility to speak my mind without worrying about what past and current employers may think.

You're right, by the way, I am KF and I won't apologize for the fact that I have been one of the lucky ones. I'm darn lucky and I'm the first to admit it. But I'll say this, too: you don't give yourself enough credit if you think you're not ready for a major. If CAL wanted only people with tons of flight hours, you're absolutely right, I wouldn't be flying for them today. But I think they believe that attitude is most important and skills can be taught. Besides, an airplane's an airplane's an airplane. The biggest difference between CAL and Eagle, imho, is not the size of airplane nor the number of people on them. The main difference is professionalism. From crew briefings to uniform appearance, the guys I fly with at CAL seem much more concerned about doing things the right way than at Eagle. Much less cowboy. It's the type of operation that makes a major different...flying all hours of the night, across oceans, into strange lands with difficult approaches and language barriers. But you can succeed in that environment just like me or anyone else can. Lets be honest, VNAV and autothrottles take half the flying part out of this job compared to the RJ. But there's more than that. It's attitude and a willingness to learn that make the difference.

glad you are who i thought you were, because i know you are a good guy. a person without the erau enitlement. when i feel i'm ready, i'll make the move with all my effort and get out of this absolute circus i'm at now. I look foreward to the higher level or professionalism. for the most part, i was in a sh!tty mood last night. have a good one.

Funny how nice everyone becomes when they found out who each other are. Fuzzy CFI is right....CAL wants pilots with attitude and that is exactly what I see from their gate agents to their flight crews every time i jumpseat on them. P.S. Continental Crews (EWR)....your $hit stinks just like every other human on earth.

Latest resources

Back