Question-Mesa-Training contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mayoplane

Does anybody know of someone who left Mesa shortley after the training started because they were offered a job elsewhere? Does Mesa enforce the training contract where they come $after$ pilots who leave within one year?

-------------------------------------
My friend is starting a class with Mesa. He has two more interview opportunities before the class begins but feels that even if he gets the job with other airlines, it wouldn't matter because he wouldn't be able to leave the class with Mesa due to $$training contract once the class begins.

Thanks guys in advance, safe flying.

If he quits after IOE he would have some problems. But if he quits during training, I don't think he would since he never completed the training.

mayoplane said:
Does anybody know of someone who left Mesa shortley after the training started because they were offered a job elsewhere? Does Mesa enforce the training contract where they come $after$ pilots who leave within one year?

My friend is starting a class with Mesa. He has two more interview opportunities before the class begins but feels that even if he gets the job with other airlines, it wouldn't matter because he wouldn't be able to leave the class with Mesa due to $$training contract once the class begins.

Thanks guys in advance, safe flying.

It seems to be hit or miss. I know some who have left and never heard a thing. I know at least one person that they came after. He worked a deal (he paid something like $1000s). -Bean

DX Rick said:
If he quits after IOE he would have some problems. But if he quits during training, I don't think he would since he never completed the training.

I do agree with this. If he/she leaves before sim there shouldn't be a problem. So they would have around 6 weeks or so to make up his/her mind. -Bean

I agree with Beantown. I have seen one guy leave after about 4 months. Several months later he got a letter from a law firm basically saying pay up or go to court. He worked out a deal with them and ended up paying a couple thousand (which was less than half of what he really owed them according to the training contract).

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the quick response. I will let my friend know. If anybody else have any more info, please post.

Mesa Training Contract

I used to deal with this issue when I was in the office for Mesa. Once the training is complete, the pilot is bound by the training contract. If they fail & are fired, they have no obligation. If you leave during the contract period, Mesa simply "sells" the contract to a debt collector who then comes after you for the money owed. Mesa is not in the debt collection business, so they simply wash their hands of it the second that they sell the contract to the collector.

The problem has been that the debt collector dings your credit rating if you do not pay up.

F-mesa who cares about them anyways? actually I knew some guys/girls that couldn't hacket and were dismessed/quit, they were not required to pay back anything. Also 1 guy that quit for another airline that was not required to pay back Schizer! so do what you think is not left! (right!)

Latest resources

Back