Question for you Higher Power Grads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dangerkitty

Has anyone used any of these study guides on the link below to supplement their learning while getting their B-737 type at Higher Power? I have already put down my deposit and am studying the Higher Power manuals now. Sometimes when I study things from other people's perscpective it helps me to learn the systems better. I always seem to buy study guides. These study guides below look pretty sharp. Any opinions?

http://impactink.com/index2.html

HPA Supplement?

IMHO, I found the supplied materials more than adequate and had no problems completing the type course. Although the oral eval is 1 week after class begins, the HPA instructors are very thorough in their instruction. Everyone made it through without any problems.

Study Materials

Dangerkitty,

Looks like you're making more work for yourself by getting MORE study materials. The study plan supplied by HPA will prepare you well for the orals and sim check. Also, the instructors will make certain you're ready for both evals. It's a top-notch program and, as long as you put in the work outlined in the study plan, you'll do great. Best wishes.

SentryIP said:
Dangerkitty,

Looks like you're making more work for yourself by getting MORE study materials. The study plan supplied by HPA will prepare you well for the orals and sim check. Also, the instructors will make certain you're ready for both evals. It's a top-notch program and, as long as you put in the work outlined in the study plan, you'll do great. Best wishes.
SentryIP,

Thanks for the info and War Eagle!

Dangerkitty
Auburn Grad

FOLLOW THE HPA STUDY OUTLINE!

These folks are absolute pros. The material and study outline/strategy along with the audio tapes are all you need. The instuction during the first week is intense but the instructors will have you ready for your oral no problem.

You just spent a lot of $ for HPA's stuff... it is all good... and more than adequate to get your type. Why spend even more? Trust that they'll get you through it because they will. Heck, they even got me through... but if you just have to spend more $ for the same outcome because of your tax bracket...

What Splatt said.......

splatt said:
Trust that they'll get you through it because they will.

I cannot agree more with what Splatt said. When I went to HPA in April I along with all of my classmates were nervous before the orals. Hey, that's natural. When we all finished we said it was much easier than we thought. The HPA instructors prepared us very well for the orals. Yes, it's easy to say after the fact, but trust me when I say that if you have any clue as far as aircraft systems go you will do just fine as long as you pay attention in class.

Here's what the HPA instructors do in class. Each day you systematically go over the panels in the 737. At the end of the day the instructors review everything you have learned up to that point by asking questions that are very similar to what is on the oral. They go around the room starting in the front row, moving from one person to the next, and then moving to the next row, etc. Each day they grow on what you have already learned up to that point, so you review everything each and every day. On the last day they split the class in half and you go through all of the panels again as a final review. By the time you do that you have heard about every question there is to ask on the oral two to three times. The next day you have your oral and by that point it's so easy you cannot believe it. Not a single person in my class said their oral was difficult. In my oral there were only a couple of questions I hadn't heard yet, and the instructor even said they were bonus questions at that point.

Study and know the question bank, know the critical memory items, read the manuals, listen to the audio tapes, watch the preflight video, and look at the preflight slides. If you do that you should do just fine.

Feel free to PM me if you have any doubts or questions about HPA. You cannot go wrong going there!

srj

Last edited:
I had an early version of the Cockpit Review. It helped clarify some systems questions. You have to admit, the older Boeing manuals are a bit light in the systems descriptions.

HPA is a class act.

Latest resources

Back