Question for you fractional guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Simon Says said:
I should tell you all that my brother and I are opening a store in Portland, so money, or lack there of is not too important at this time. I just want to live in Portland, fly, and keep some kind of health insurance.

Thanks to all who answered. So I take it Net Jets has Seattle as a gateway city?

If money is no problem, then why not go bug Flightcraft for some part-time work? That's what I would do.

gunfyter said:
Not too many people will like to hear that. Will not get a recommendation from me.

I don't get it. I wasn't looking for a reccommendation, I was looking for an answer to where you guys live and how you get to work.

And while we are at it, why wouldn't you like to hear that pay is not top of the list factor of working for a fractional?

Shhh! Don't let G100Driver hear you say that!

Simon Says said:
I should tell you all that my brother and I are opening a store in Portland, so money, or lack there of is not too important at this time. I just want to live in Portland, fly, and keep some kind of health insurance.

some_dude said:
Shhh! Don't let G100Driver hear you say that!

LOL ... maybe some of us are trying to raise the bar in the Pac NW. For years we heard,

"well, we do not pay as much as industy standard, but you get to live in the Pac NW!"

The last thing we need is some dork saying, "I am not in it for the money, but really I am a professional."

Please do not show up at the local FBO's or flight deparatments and say something silly like that.

Last edited:
G100driver said:
LOL ... maybe some of us are trying to raise the bar in the Pac NW. For years we heard,

"well, we do not pay as much as industy standard, but you get to live in the Pac NW!"

The last thing we need is some dork saying, "I am not in it for the money, but really I am a professional."

Please do not show up at the local FBO's or flight deparatments and say something silly like that.

Hey, I don't even want to play pilot anymore, and when guys come knocking on the FBO door looking for a hookup and tell me they'll do anything for a little bit of TJ SIC time and give me the "I just wanna fly" speech, I talk some sense in to them. I tell them that if they go ahead and fly for free or undercut the market and get away with it, what happens when they want to move on, and every operator is figuring out that you can pay guys peanuts to build a little SIC TJ time? I tell 'em that they become their own worst enemy. I tell them to do themselves a favor, do a little flight instructing, network a little, and get competitive for the job they want.

Then, and only then, do I show the prospect the door and explain that every operator and corporate flight department I know of on the field is a class act that hires only the most qualified pilots and pays them accordingly :)

You guys are as bad as us regionals. I never said I would fly for free or even at a reduced rate. I have a job and enough turbine time PIC time. I am just looking to move to the Pac NW without commuting. I am willing to give up 7 years of senority so I wouldnt have to commute, and you guys think I am willing to lay all of this down just for some Jet PIC time.

I know about raising the bar, in fact being invovled in ALPA for the past three years and putting together a strike center has given me many insights into company tactics of union busting. You all at Net Jets are in that same boat, and you, Frac Daddy, could probally learn something from me.

Now give me a break, because I am not some new hire trying to lower the bar. I am just some guy not wanting a commute for the next twenty years.

yep

Simon,

Unfortunately this is the attitude you are going to find from a lot of the NJ guys who are on this site. I understand what you meant and to get that kind of B.$. from them is hideous.

The Fracs aren't that bad and if you are still interested in going to one, you might consider Flight options who at the moment will let you fly out of most major cities. I believe a few more than Net Jets does.

Best of Luck...

Simon Says said:
I know about raising the bar, in fact being invovled in ALPA for the past three years and putting together a strike center has given me many insights into company tactics of union busting. You all at Net Jets are in that same boat, and you, Frac Daddy, could probally learn something from me.
QUOTE]

WTF is your problem? I offer a suggestion and you patronize me? Nice attitude, pal.

gunfyter said:
Not too many people will like to hear that. Will not get a recommendation from me.

Sorry Frac Daddy,

I missed the name by one post. You posted right below this guy and I got your name screwed up with Gunfyter.

You posted some nice things and some good ideas about FlightCraft. And I will check them out. They seem to have a nice FBO in PDX. Any body reading this FRAC DADDY rules!

I can post appalogize on other forums so all can know that I slandered your good name.

Ok, so the guy is a productive member of society, adding to the economy and a 152 won't cut it for him. You don't have to be a bomb-throwing union guy to do your tour and go home, do you?

If I were him, I'd choose Horizion so he could drive to work. JMO.

G100--They're telling me "Yeah, I know you're below the NBAA range but, Hey! you get to live in Indiana..." :rolleyes: TC

Latest resources

Back