Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

barbarian4

a bit of ultra-violence
Quick question about recommendations: I have a driver willing to submit a recommendation for me but he doesn't know how to go about it, can someone clue me in so I can pass it along? Appreciate any info.

barbarian4 said:
Quick question about recommendations: I have a driver willing to submit a recommendation for me but he doesn't know how to go about it, can someone clue me in so I can pass it along? Appreciate any info.

I assume you are applying for a pilot position since you are a pilot and asking on an aviation forum. The electronic pilot rec form has 2 specific blocks asking for an assessment of your flying skills that the person recommending has witnessed and another similar block relating to your CRM skills (again from someone who has witnessed you in action). I guess I'm having trouble understanding the relevancy of a truck driver's recommendation, unless you two flew together previously.

It is true a mgmt rec (whether he's witnessed your aviation skills or not) will/may have some weight (depending how far up the mgmt food chain he is) I'm not sure a union package car driver's rec will suffice. Don't believe it will hurt to submit it, especially if you have other pilot recs, but alone I would not give it a lot of weight. I just don't want you to have false hopes if this is your only rec.

A LOR from a driver will not do you any good. The drivers don't even have access to the computers at UPS to do it anyways. Get a letter at least from a Center Manager or higher.

Latest resources

Back