Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILLINI

Hello all,

I was hoping to get some opinions on a question I had. I was furloughed from a regional airline after being in class for only three days and am not expecting to be called back until QTR 1 2004. I am now working at a 135 company flying freight in a Caravan, but will be moving into the right seat of a King Air very soon. The largest plane I will see at this company is probably a Citation II. I've been thinking about applying to the few regionals that are still hiring, but due to the lack of attrition, it may be a long time before I can log PIC time. My question is this: Does UPS have any preference on what type of background a new hire has - ie. 121 vs. 135? If you were me, would you stay at the 135 company flying light turboprops and jets, or try for the 121 regionals flying larger turboprops and maybe jets with the possibilty of staying an FO for a while? I guess i'm also interested if UPS sees a difference in 121 PIC and 135 PIC.

Thank you. I appreciate any insight you may have.

I

ILLINI,

I think PIC is king at UPS. I was hired in Jan. 2000 and never worked for an airline before. Compared to my classmates, my PIC time was higher and it was all corporate King Air time. UPS hires many different pilots from all over the aviation spectrum. The biggest thing that will get you hired at UPS is determination. If you want UPS bad enough, you will get it. Best of luck.

UPS DC8

UPS hiring

I think UPS hires a wide variety of pilots...from military to 135. 1000 PIC turbine is a usually met benchmark. More important, however, are recommendations from within the pilot group....the more the better.

Latest resources

Back