Question for UPS guys

OK3

Total Time
10kish
Is there something in your contract that allows your union to ban open time pick up if anyone is on furlough?

Big Beer Belly

Total Time
9000+
Yes..

1800 RVR

Sitting reserve...
Total Time
Is there something in your contract that allows your union to ban open time pick up if anyone is on furlough?
Yes, we can call for a JA/OT ban when a furlough is announced. By putting it in the contract, it now becomes a contractual issue, and not a legal issue.

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
What's the ramifications if a pilot picks up open time? Or is it just not available per the contract?

ual321

Former Tilton Monkey
Total Time
2+
What's the ramifications if a pilot picks up open time? Or is it just not available per the contract?
Open time would be available for pickup, but that particular SCUM would be subject to public floggings with IPA lanyards........

brownie

Total Time
Open time would be available for pickup, but that particular SCUM would be subject to public floggings with IPA lanyards........
unfortunatly we have about 5% scum on the property which i'm sure there are more and less in other airlines.:erm:

Midnight Flyer

Stay Thirsty My Friends
It's funny how some pilots have to be told by others that they shouldn't be accepting overtime and/or open time while fellow pilots are furloughed.

This is especially true at UPS, where pilots are well paid. It's not like they need the money.:rolleyes:

Browntothebone

Total Time
-
It's funny how some pilots have to be told by others that they shouldn't be accepting overtime and/or open time while fellow pilots are furloughed.

This is especially true at UPS, where pilots are well paid. It's not like they need the money
.:rolleyes:

That's easy for you to say since you are not accustomed to living our lifestyle. I need more money. Heck, I made over $200,000 last year as an F/O and I still don't have enough money to get all the toys that I'd like to buy.

Midnight Flyer

Stay Thirsty My Friends
That's easy for you to say since you are not accustomed to living our lifestyle. I need more money. Heck, I made over $200,000 last year as an F/O and I still don't have enough money to get all the toys that I'd like to buy.
Dude, you just made me shoot coffee out my nose!!:laugh:

ultrarunner

Total Time

EXACTLY! It's not about a need...it's about a WANT!

PreContact

Total Time
toys=girlfriends, exwives, other wives (Miami-based pilots), overseas bars (Phillipines) etc, etc...

Networ-King

Total Time
5000+
AAAAHHHH BTTB....

You had me for a millisecond.... kudos for the great sarcasm. I did run into an idiot the other day at work and he was bitching about not being able to pick up opentime. By the time I was done "educating" him, well....... lets just say the dumb m*&her f&^ker won't be so out spoken about being a back stabber. And his captain sat there with a nice smile on his face and didn't say a word. We have our fair share of idiots here, but it's in the contract should they announce furloughing ONE guy come June 1st. This will get interesting indeed.....

Net