• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for the SWA guys from a "Tranny"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Started commuting on SWA recently. Everyone has been great. Gate agents are wonderful and crews have been supportive and friendly. I saw one SWA Captain in BWI who was eating saw me and looked away till I passed him. A little obvious. But considering everyone else has practically stopped and doubled back to say something welcoming he gets a pass. Oh, and it was early morning too.

I'd imagine the SW pilots that have ignored you more than likely had a run in with one of our village idiots, so now just prefer to keep to themselves. By in large, most of the SW pilots I've bumped into have been very nice. I've run into a few a-holes, and that has been enough to make me keep to myself. It's nothing personal, it's just easier that way, and I'm sure that's why some of their guys avoid eye contact with us. We had a SW guy on our jumpseat last week ask us how we felt about "the list." Some things are better not talked about, especially on the jumpseat...and it's over with!

Word- it's simple and we all learned it in kindergarten- treat others as you want to be treated- unless you're into s&m, then maybe check with the other first-

Maybe theyre AMers- they can be a bit grumpy

Hey I'm a AMer!LOL! You PMers got it all wrong. We get to party longer on AM's just got to know when to stop and how to wake up to a alarm.

Sort of like seeing the Soldiers at the airport. Most of us make an effort to say Thank You for Your Service but some pilots have social issues and that is it. I only worry when the wal mart greeter wont say hello.

Hey I'm a AMer!LOL! You PMers got it all wrong. We get to party longer on AM's just got to know when to stop and how to wake up to a alarm.

Haha! Maybe it's just west coast AMers that get weird with those 1:30am alarms;)

It's hit and miss.

On my weekly commutes, most people are very polite, and sometimes very friendly. Interestingly enough, it does seem to closely relate to seniority. The senior folks are more welcoming than the junior, but no one has been outright "rude".

In the terminal in MCO, I'd say it's 50/50 who will actually be friendly vs those who will ignore you unless you just go out of your way to engage them in a friendly way to where they pretty much *HAVE* to engage you back.

It's going to take some time... on both sides. Such is life.

I was a "No" on SL-10, based on what I thought was fair and equitabe for my family at the time. It's done, neither pilot group asked for this, but now we're one pilot group and we all move in the same direction. Welcome to SWA, it's a great place to work. I try to always walk over and shake hands, if not, at least say hello in passing to every AAI crew I see. Welcome.

Latest resources

Back