• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for the SWA guys from a "Tranny"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word- it's simple and we all learned it in kindergarten- treat others as you want to be treated- unless you're into s&m, then maybe check with the other first-

Maybe theyre AMers- they can be a bit grumpy

Time for everyone to grab the rope and pull in the same direction. I just don't understand why some people choose to be rude and unfriendly. Life is too short to be a ******************************...

The new SWA culture is us. I say new because this is a huge (by SWA/Air Tran numbers) integration. Folks will have to decide for themselves how to act. I, myself, received very little out of this (projected upgrade now when I'm 62 years old instead of 63), but I want to enjoy coming to work and socializing with my compadres. I look forward to hanging and welcoming our new brothers and sisters. For the haters--get over it and choose not to be an A-hole. Let's have some fun and work to keep SWA on top!

I actually haven't run into anyone being rude. Most guys say hi and something like "welcome aboard." I can't complain. I've heard a few bad stories, but it doesn't seem to be widespread by any means.

I think it's not always an attempt at being rude. It's sort of like avoiding the Mormons, hiding in your house while they ring the doorbell because you know they probably want to talk about things you really don't want to talk about.

We all have our little bits of "personal mythology" that we cling to whether they're true or not and that's okay, whatever gets you through the day is fine by me.

I just don't want to hear it over and over. Had to stop getting into even the most casual how-ya-doin' elevator ride conversation with the Airtran guy because I just don't want to hear all over again about how quickly he would've upgraded if we hadn't bought them or about how Airtran was poised for explosive growth and how the future was so bright, etc.

So yes, I do have to admit that I tend to avoid conversation opportunities. But I do go out of my way to make you guys feel welcome when you're jumpseating.

Last edited:
I love my wife, but when I get home with glitter on my forehead and the smell of "essence," I tend to avoid her.:D

SL10 is D-U-N, done!!! Time to git 'er dun!! Ignore the A-holes. It's like the dog humping Joe Dirt's leg, let them finish and they will go away.

I love my wife, but when I get home with glitter on my forehead and the smell of "essence," I tend to avoid her.:D

SL10 is D-U-N, done!!! Time to git 'er dun!! Ignore the A-holes. It's like the dog humping Joe Dirt's leg, let them finish and they will go away.

That is the best explaination yet! Beer is on me!

Latest resources

Back