Question for the HR Gurus out there

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Credit Check

I worked in the employment screening business for years. I can tell you without any hesitation that they need your written consent to pull your credit. Sometimes the language is written into your original application, but really should be a seperate document. It is against the law for a private employer to pull your credit without your authorization. Period. Criminal, civil court records etc. are fair game. But credit reports are a big no no without your ok.

Thedude said:
Which brings me to another question. Now that I am no longer employed there...what rights do I have concerning my personell file. As far as I know, there shouldn't be anything to speak of in there but I just wanna verify it.

I am not really sure on that one. It may have to do with company policy, the state you live in, whether you were union or non-union. I know as a former union member we had access to our personnel files. Of course we found out years later that the company was keeping "two" files. One they would show you, and one that they kept. The union got them to eliminate the "secret" one. If you really want to see what they would say, have a background checking company call them. I have one that I work with if you want to PM me.

Kathy

So, I finally got HR on the phone today. I did sign a form during the pre-employment screening and I completely forgot about it since that was six years ago. I did not know those forms don't have an experation period

They told me that TSA was requiring a credit check for a random 10% of the employees. Anyone ever heard of the TSA requiring credit checks?

Always kinda funny with my past employer, every time there was a random sampling I always seemed to be part of that "random" group. Maybe I need to start buying lottery tickets.

Latest resources

Back