Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skytrash969

im BROKE bitch im BROKE!!
Im thinking of my long term goal here, and FEDEX is my number one choice, go figure, me and everybody else right. I had a fedex jumpseater a few weeks ago who gave me some intresting advice, one that could be the best thing that ever happened to me, or one that could really give me the royal screwjob. I'm about a few months from upgrade and what he told me to do (to get to fedex) was get my 1000 PIC Turbine time, quit aviation and drive trucks, or throw boxes for Fedex, and within a year, I would be able to apply to any position in the company that I am qualified to occupy...i.e. a First officer positon.

I searched the fedex website and didn't see anything. Maybe Im looking in the wrong area.

Has any fedex pilots made this kind of move?

And do you guys think if it is true, is it a smart Idea to put all my eggs in one basket?

What he left out was that currency is also a important consideration. I know several people that have gone this route, but they have all kept some kind of flying job on the side to show currency. It will get you an interview if we are hiring; it won't necessarily get you the job.

Dude,
Besides the fact you would put all your eggs in one basket, you can not look past the fact that many companies would like to see more total time, and, as mentioned above, currency of experience. Throwing boxes for fedex WHILE holding down a respectable flying job would be good. Anything short of that : Bad!
Another thing to consider: How many people will Fedex hire over the next 5 years? How many will apply? Conclusion: You need to be competative for ALL Major airlines.
Just my take.

Im thinking of my long term goal here, and FEDEX is my number one choice, go figure, me and everybody else right. I had a fedex jumpseater a few weeks ago who gave me some intresting advice, one that could be the best thing that ever happened to me, or one that could really give me the royal screwjob. I'm about a few months from upgrade and what he told me to do (to get to fedex) was get my 1000 PIC Turbine time, quit aviation and drive trucks, or throw boxes for Fedex, and within a year, I would be able to apply to any position in the company that I am qualified to occupy...i.e. a First officer positon.

I searched the fedex website and didn't see anything. Maybe Im looking in the wrong area.

Has any fedex pilots made this kind of move?

And do you guys think if it is true, is it a smart Idea to put all my eggs in one basket?

Last edited:
Hey guys...on a side note is it true that if you work for a major, FedEx won't hire you? I'm not talking about furloughed from a major, I'm talking about go from commuter to, say, United and then apply at FedEx. Thanks.

Hey guys...on a side note is it true that if you work for a major, FedEx won't hire you? I'm not talking about furloughed from a major, I'm talking about go from commuter to, say, United and then apply at FedEx. Thanks.
Thinking of jumping ship?

I asked that question and was told that my work at a major would not disqualify me for FedEx Express. I'm not sure if that advice was handed out on an individual basis, or if it is the new rule. If you know an ACP, it would be an appropriate question to ask.

Latest resources

Back