• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for the FEDEX pilot group

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys...on a side note is it true that if you work for a major, FedEx won't hire you? I'm not talking about furloughed from a major, I'm talking about go from commuter to, say, United and then apply at FedEx. Thanks.
It was one of Jack Lewis's policies not to hire people actively employed by another carrier. He's gone.
Even when JL was the man, he broke his own "rule" on occasions. I had 2 jetBlue and 1 SWA pilot (active) in my new hire class 2 1/2 years ago.

Interview

It was one of Jack Lewis's policies not to hire people actively employed by another carrier. He's gone.
Even when JL was the man, he broke his own "rule" on occasions. I had 2 jetBlue and 1 SWA pilot (active) in my new hire class 2 1/2 years ago.
The rule was they wouldn't interview an actively employed major airline pilot. Eventually furloughed major pilots was OK. If successfully interviewed on furlough and subsequently recalled or hired at another major, you could still be hired at FedEx. Still may have broken that rule too.

Last edited:

Hired in Aug of '06 and we had 1 SWA and 1 CAL active pilots in a class of 25. There is no telling what the new chief pilot's policy will be though.

Good Luck!

Hey There seefive.

Good to see you the other day at the hub.

Had another first today by the way.. Got called for a draft trip staring in AFW.

Couldn't do it though.. Leaving town on Friday.

Chat with you later Bro!

Latest resources

Back