• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for the Airbus drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I've told the passengers in the past - even Tiger Woods misses a putt once in a while.

Longhorn is too hard on himself. He got more compliments for a grade-2 plopper the other day than he got when he greased it. Go figure.

Also, if he'd stop humming the Aggie fight song during his landings, he might do better.

Aggie fight song? Oh no.....wrong school...UT...Longhorns :)

You disappeared the other day. I guess you were on bus 2. Once second you were there and the next you were gone.

Don't feel bad folks... After 3500+ hrs on the -80, I just created another runway dip in LGA the other night while landing on 4 after a flawlessly smooth approach, the lead F/A had to dig the landing gear out of her a$$ when we blocked in at the gate.

No matter how much experience, landing the -80 makes a pilot look like a novice every so often.

I agree, the 320 series seems to get pretty consistent good landings. The 737-800 seems to have pretty stiff main ldg gear and is pretty unforgiving with even a little crab angle.

Watch out for the new bump on your next takeoff roll on Rwy 4, it is right around the 500ft marker....

You put the the nosegear at the 500 ft marker? No wonder that one was a bad one. Must have used a lot of power to taxi without the main gear...just kidding...

There is not one-size-fits-all landing technique for the bus. When it's cool (below 100 F) you can pull the power off at 50' and make pretty good landings. High temps or really low weights (I can't explain that one) require the power to be held in there for a little longer. How much longer? Well to answer that you have to buy my DVD- "I Don't Know, But It's Doing It Again"

I will agree with BringuptheBird's assesment.

AnimalTale, the ladies always did say you greased them in the J32.

Landings huh...well my first few were pretty bad...I think it had to do with the whole landing with my a$$ 5' off the ground for 5 years and then having to learn that to land this plane smoothly you need to actually flare at least 25' higher...lets just say the first few times i was looking for the old learjet sight picture and forgot about the Airbus sight picture...yeah, that equals no flare for landing, talk about testing the gear and runway strength...the worst part was i had to fly with the same F/A crew for that four day trip and i got razz'd for the entire trip.

My best landings are the ones I put no effort into. If I try to grease it, it won't happen. If I do get a greaser, I can rarely look back and remember how I did it. I guess I fly best when in a spaced out trance.

Koslen said:
It's called autoland!

Just kidding busdrivers:laugh:

Actually the autolands are quite firm at times.

Have you noticed how sometimes you will grease one on and get no comments from the pax and other times you will think you banged it on and get the compliments. Maybe they are just being sarcastic.

Mike

geshields said:
The 737 is by far the easiest plane to get a good landing out of, just like the days of the C-172. Now, the B-727 is another story...

Come on...the 727 isn't that hard to land....well maybe from the panel

Latest resources

Back