• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for the 121 guys.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much does the Metro weigh? I did not know you could fly a Metro PIC without an ATP. Anyway SkyWest is the way to go for west coast flying in either EMB-120 or CRJ. They do have a large pilot base in DEN. And don't forget that there is a new airline starting up next year by Frontier called Lynx. They will be hiring into the Q-400. Not sure about the base though.

How much does the Metro weigh? I did not know you could fly a Metro PIC without an ATP. Anyway SkyWest is the way to go for west coast flying in either EMB-120 or CRJ. They do have a large pilot base in DEN. And don't forget that there is a new airline starting up next year by Frontier called Lynx. They will be hiring into the Q-400. Not sure about the base though.

We fly the 14,500lb. and the 16,000lb. Metro IIIs, you only need a type to fly it under 135 no pax, or part 91. No ATP is needed.

I did a search on Lynx a few days ago. I didn't find too many positive things. It would be nice to get into an airline early, but I think there is more to be said for a company that has been around for a long time and still is growing (ie SKW).

If you want PIC 121 time maybe apply to Mesa as a Dash Captain...they might just put you in the left seat...or maybe Colgan...they might put you right into the left seat of the Beach.......I would try for the left seat at a regional or go to a larger cargo operator in the "Heavies" with yur experience you might be able to skip the right seat at SkyWest.

Try....at least see if they call you.....

Latest resources

Back