Question for SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How bout -1.

Still think its a bad idea. Guy Jr to me makes 500k more than I do over the next 8 years. Sorry but I'm really having a difficult time with that.
He's only junior to you because of the SLI agreement. If it went DoH, our most junior CA would still be senior to you by a couple years.

On the up-side, if it were to go to arbitration, you'd probably end up much closer to me in the seniority pack. Most "reasonable" scenarios of arbitration still have us losing some seniority, but only about half the hit the junior CA's and senior F/O's actually took.

The risk of implementation and the possible loss of the protections this thing gives the AAI pilots is the only reason the MC signed off on it. Take those away and it would be arbitration, and EVERYONE has risk in that... I know you don't like it, and neither do I; I think it sucks, but what are you gonna do, really? Vote it down? Send it to arbitration which heavily favors something more in our favor for seniority or hope that GK comes back with some money for you guys?

With this deal you will upgrade 7-8 years before I do, 2-3 years before you would have without the deal due to the 53 ADDITIONAL aircraft deliveries you guys will take, make about $1 MEEELION DOLLARS more than me, and we were hired the same freaking year and we're almost the same age, except you're YOUNGER than I am. I'm going to have to throw gear for your complainin' a$$... so SHUT IT! ;)

Seriously, I know you guys were hoping to get a little moolah out of the deal, sucks that you didn't, would probably have made a bitter pill go down smoother. Sorry... sucks over here, too. Nothing to do but pray for growth and try to trade as much time as possible to at least get a FEW weekends off with my son before he starts High School in 8 years and forgets I exist. :D

Lear no one is using the AAI deliveries for anything but replacements of the 300s on the SWA side. Zero grow projections, we have been sold growth and lost out on expectations from communications from SWA and SWAPA, no more.

But here's the kicker... you were replacing those -300's anyway. That was going to stagnate your list as your other deliveries were replacement aircraft, correct?

With our additional 53 737's, those aircraft no longer are a net-zero loss. Your list WILL move faster. Just a simple math equation as their delivery slots are at the same time your pre-acquisition deliveries were coming.

You're going to grow faster, it's all in the delivery dates. As a result, your guys are going to upgrade sooner than they thought. I'm happy for them, several friends will be in that group (including Burg). Sucks that I won't get to share in it, but it helps my relative seniority get back into a decent quality of life range sometime in the next few years with better coin once it happens, so it's all good.

Life goes on. Always does. Nothing to do about it but make the best of it. As it's been said, and I think I'm going to make it my signature line, "A man's about as happy as he makes up his mind to be." :beer:

But here's the kicker... you were replacing those -300's anyway. That was going to stagnate your list as your other deliveries were replacement aircraft, correct?

With our additional 53 737's, those aircraft no longer are a net-zero loss. Your list WILL move faster. Just a simple math equation as their delivery slots are at the same time your pre-acquisition deliveries were coming.

You're going to grow faster, it's all in the delivery dates. As a result, your guys are going to upgrade sooner than they thought. I'm happy for them, several friends will be in that group (including Burg). Sucks that I won't get to share in it, but it helps my relative seniority get back into a decent quality of life range sometime in the next few years with better coin once it happens, so it's all good.

Life goes on. Always does. Nothing to do about it but make the best of it. As it's been said, and I think I'm going to make it my signature line, "A man's about as happy as he makes up his mind to be." :beer:
Lear buddy, how big can an airline get?

Once the dust settles, those 57 extra jets won't be extra until Gary gets his 15% ROI. Until then, zero net growth, everything will be used to replace the pop tops.

I wager minimum 5 years before SWA nets one extra tail. SWA is glacial. Enjoy the freeze.

I ran the numbers, this deal moves me narry a tick, I end up two decades away within 1% of where I am today.

LEAR
If you were even close to right, then it would be ok.

But you know how my luck runs. I can't even keep the battery in your blue truck from taking a dump?

Just voting no as many times as possible.

13,yrs and nary a yes.

LEAR
If you were even close to right, then it would be ok.

But you know how my luck runs. I can't even keep the battery in your blue truck from taking a dump?
LOL - I forgot about that blue truck. Was that before or after the key switch stopped working and you had to jumper the starter relay with a big screwdriver to get it to start?

Ahhhh, memories. ;)

Just voting no as many times as possible.

13,yrs and nary a yes.
Gotta do what you gotta do, buddy. It'll all work out, gotta have a little faith.

Lear buddy, how big can an airline get?
Big enough for me to upgrade and retire #1 on the list? Hey, one can dream... :D

Once the dust settles, those 57 extra jets won't be extra until Gary gets his 15% ROI. Until then, zero net growth, everything will be used to replace the pop tops.

I wager minimum 5 years before SWA nets one extra tail. SWA is glacial. Enjoy the freeze.

I ran the numbers, this deal moves me narry a tick, I end up two decades away within 1% of where I am today.
Hope you're wrong about that and that GK is serious about the growth he sees with our combination and fleshing out the near-international stuff.

If not,,, well,,, what can ya do? Crying in your beer is a serious loss of man points. ;)

Latest resources

Back