Question for Spirit Airlines people

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airmack

Why does Spirit charge $60 for a jumpseat out of Lima, Peru and other airlines only charge the one time departure tax of $15. Thanks.

When I jumpseat on NWA out of Amsterdam (as a NWA employee) I had to pay like $80 in taxes.

Which airline charges $15 for a jumpseat out of Lima? Maybe they have figured out a way to put offline jumpseaters on the crew manifest. But, if you aren't on the crew Manifest I think you have to pay the same tax as the passengers. I just checked the Spirit website and it lists the tax as $73.56 for a one way flight from Lima to Ft. Lauderdale. You say Spirit is only charging $60 for jumpseaters?

Last edited:
INTL. Jumpseat can be fairly inconsistent and strange. As for why you where charged $60 it could be anyone's guess. What might have happened is they made a reservation in the system for you and where not able to book that RES with a cost of $0 which is what they have to do when we book jumpseaters that is why a supevisor has to book Jumpseater. It is a pain and hopefully with the new RES system due any month that will change many of the problem we have been having with the jumpseat. Sorry, for what it is worth. I am a commuter and know the frustration these events can create.

The Hotel charges you $60 when you get her back to your room. That does not include the $100 you already gave her................are we talking about the same thing?

damn! you guys are getting ripped off, its 20 to the hotel, and the girl... lets just say a free breakfast will do it. I love Lima!

Latest resources

Back