Question for NJA guys or gals.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Yeah

*"Gateway terminology is gone. Domiciles and Home Based Airports (HBA). For those employed with NJA prior to ratification (assuming this November 21) they will be able to use SEA and tens of others in the area due to meeting the criteria set forth in the HBA qualifications. We litterally just gained well over a hundred plus airports to call home. The 24 gateway airports aren't gone, just the terminology. No losses, just tremendous gaines in this area."

*Copied from another thread.

Can someone please explain to me the commuting policy from the new TA for a new hire? I am confused with HBA, domiciles and "airports to call home". Example; I believe you were able to be flown out of lets say MCO to the airplane at the begining and end of a trip. Does that still exist?

Thanks.

The following airports are herein designated as Domiciles: CMH, DAL, LAX, PBI, and TEB.

All crewmembers hired after ratification of this Agreement shall report to a Domicile as directed by the Company, until such time as the crewmember is eligible to use a Home Base Airport. New hire Crewmembers must be informed no later than the official offer of employment which Domicile the Company will require each new hire to report for duty prior to employment.

All new hire will have to report to a Domicile unilt they are in the top 30% of seniority to hold a home base airport. Not only do new hires have to report a domicile but the company will tell them where they have to report. You cant choose then just tell you where. You could live in SEA and get hire and told you have to report to TEB. Personally I dont think it will work for long.

All pilot on property will be elidgible for HBA. So lets say that 1500 of the 2300 of the pilots know use the HBA. That means 65% of pilots use the HBA. This is above 30% but they are grandfathered. So for a pilot hired after this contract that number would need to be below 30% of all pilots for them to get HBA. So if 1500 use HBA the total number of pilots would need to be 5001 for a pilot hired after the contract to ever get HBA. It could be setting us up for the next contract IF they can get that many to work here when they are told where to live. I would not have came here if that was my option!!

Yeah reading that section to me is like chinese math. I've got no idea what they (the company) was thinking.

They can't get people to work here now. They can't get enough people from the current gateways. They definetly won't get enough people to come and work here if they can only use the 5 airports and they don't get to even choose.

It's really weird.

Looks like it would be a good place to work, but I can't live in one of the 5 cities. Oh well, good luck guys.

Yeah,

Before you bail, give it chance. I'm willing to bet there is an oversight somewhere and a LOU is forthcoming.

So what is this list of airports that the company plans on comming out every three months? or every quarter?

RJET said:
So what is this list of airports that the company plans on comming out every three months? or every quarter?
I think you're talking about the list of qualified HBA airports - the airports that meet the criteria for HBA.

I live in Dallas now. Will the company make me relocate to another domicile? I wonder, will they at least try to give new hires their choice?

IHF

I Hate Freight said:
I live in Dallas now. Will the company make me relocate to another domicile? I wonder, will they at least try to give new hires their choice?

Thats up to the company. The contract says they will assign what ever they want but you would think common sense would take hold.

Last edited:
I know, I live near CLT (one of the current approved cities) and was looking forward to applying now that the TA has been reached. I am not moving to a place like TEB. Oh well, I am still happy for the current pilots. Good job.

Latest resources

Back