• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for MESA pilots and employees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys who hover on Flightinfo denying all of us regular folks the chance to be first to say MESA SUCKS, suck, a little.

Think about your investment here it will cost you 7.00 prob to buy the stock then 7.00 to sell the stock. Lets say you buy 2000 shares at .13 which equals 260.00. Somehow magically they stock has a 50% gain (impossible). So now the stock is trading at .195. You decide to sell your shares for a total of 390.00. Profit is 390-260-14 =116 then take out tax.

If you really want to invest in an airline invest in the ETF with the symbol FAA. If you take that 260.00 investment and put in a mutual fund that pays a dividend that reinvests you would be much better off.

Example would be intitial 260.00 investment left in a fund for 30 years earning an avg rate of return of 5%( realistic ) you would have a total of 1123.71.

So if you still want to invest in MESA learn about options and invest that way if you want to speculate.

Think about your investment here it will cost you 7.00 prob to buy the stock then 7.00 to sell the stock. Lets say you buy 2000 shares at .13 which equals 260.00. Somehow magically they stock has a 50% gain (impossible). So now the stock is trading at .195. You decide to sell your shares for a total of 390.00. Profit is 390-260-14 =116 then take out tax.

If you really want to invest in an airline invest in the ETF with the symbol FAA. If you take that 260.00 investment and put in a mutual fund that pays a dividend that reinvests you would be much better off.

Example would be intitial 260.00 investment left in a fund for 30 years earning an avg rate of return of 5%( realistic ) you would have a total of 1123.71.

So if you still want to invest in MESA learn about options and invest that way if you want to speculate.

Best advice you can get: Dont take investing advice from a pilot. We are the worst businessmen in the world. Look at us.... payscales and DECLINE in payscales should say enough about our business backgrounds to turn anyone off to this advice.

Now---interested in SPECULATING you can check out www.uraniumstar.com. I am going to make a mint off of that (already have really)... but oh wait...nevermind you guys want to buy MESA. Nevermind. Ticker URST. Now, assuming I bought in 2009 at .04/share and spend a measly $500, I own 12,500 shares. This stock is at .55/share as we speak, my $500 investment is now worth $6,3875. Find that in an EFT or Mutual Fund.

Last edited:
Can't you see the guy that asked this question did it to rub it in the face of Mesa folks, sort of like Mesa did to Aloha.

I was thinking of purchasing some stock in MESA. When I was doing research, an article headline appeared about MESA ceasing operations in April 2010. I am assuming the article meant MESA was ceasing United Express operations or another operation in April 2010 but DID NOT mean that MESA was ceasing operations completely, i.e. going out of business in April 2010. Could you guys please clarify?
Thx.

How the fuc$ would a journalist know when Mesa will cease operations? You sound like the perfect candidate for buying Mesa stock.

Here's an idea! I'll create an airline, say, "Awesome Motorboating Hangers Airlines" and have the company HQ in my house. Send your "Investment" in large, unmarked bills, and in small envelopes and I bet you'll have a better ROI than investing with MESA at this point.

Just an observation.

Latest resources

Back