Question for Flex CL300 drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

t-bone

How do you guys compensate for runway gradient when making your landing distance calculations? There is inconsistency in the use of gradient in both manufacturer and vendor provided data. The AFM doesn't seem to have a correction chart for landing (it does for takeoff) while the QRH has a note to add 650 feet per 1% downhill gradient. Where does that note come from? Entering a downhill slope into the FMS does result in a greater landing distance. Neither APG or ASAP seem to provide runway analysis that corrects for slope, and UltraNav doesn't factor it into landing distance computations.

Obviously we want to use the more conservative data and will correct for the slope, so my question is how do you manage this inconsistency when doing your preflight planning?

Thanks in advance

T-Bone

Use the FMS number. But the landing distances for the 300 are so ridiculously short (have you tapped the brakes on thea thing?) that there are very few places it makes any difference.

The real question is what do you do at Telluride (with the dip in the middle!)

How do you guys compensate for runway gradient when making your landing distance calculations? There is inconsistency in the use of gradient in both manufacturer and vendor provided data. The AFM doesn't seem to have a correction chart for landing (it does for takeoff) while the QRH has a note to add 650 feet per 1% downhill gradient. Where does that note come from? Entering a downhill slope into the FMS does result in a greater landing distance. Neither APG or ASAP seem to provide runway analysis that corrects for slope, and UltraNav doesn't factor it into landing distance computations.

Obviously we want to use the more conservative
data and will correct for the slope, so my question is how do you manage this inconsistency when doing your preflight planning?

Thanks in advance

T-Bone

Dude, you are reading too much into it and you are making it sound more complicate than it is. Agree with Flex able just use the FMS numbers. The breaking power of this bird will pull you off the seat if you are not strapped in!!

Dude, you are reading too much into it and you are making it sound more complicate than it is. Agree with Flex able just use the FMS numbers. The breaking power of this bird will pull you off the seat if you are not strapped in!!

I hear ya, just thinking about planning ahead of time, long before I've even got the FMS powered up.

My advise is learn as much as you can your way around the FMS on this baby, trust me! is your friend.
The Collins 5000 is the best tool to fly this puppy.
ok going to sleep now.....lol

APG does account for slope. That being said, the thing goes in and out of Nevis (Dry)... Trust the FMS. There are very few places you really need to worry about it, even hot, high and heavy. If you're looking at something really iffy, numbers or not, don't go there.

Thanks guys. I can't wait. Ours is going thru conformity checks this week and then some validation flights next week with the FAA before going into revenue service.

I bet your more excited than a puppy with two peters aren't you t-bone?

Latest resources

Back