Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for Ex-Indy Air Pilots - How do you like current position?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We got stuck with one who came of the street flew f o a month and jumped the whole seniıorıty list and upgraded. Looks lıke with the last layoff he might be hanging in there close. Dıdnt ACA have a union what would have happened if you jumped the entıre seniorıty system and upgraded. i thought they preached integrity but iguess not.

Wow, what an outstanding argument for having a weak (if any) union and CBA.

Let me guess, if you were in his shoes you would have said this. "No sir, despite being furloughed, I really don't wan't to help out my career right now by being a widebody CA and getting some heavy/international experience. Go ask the next guy, maybe he will take it."

Last edited:
ACA/Indy was an experience that you simply can't fully put into words for someone who wasn't a part of it all. Oct 00 to May 05 for me - I think about my days in the 328 almost every time I walk out to my new ship. While I'm working with great people now, I've yet to see the quality in airmenship, personality, and "care" for the operation as I did as ACA/Indy. We didn't realize what we had at the time - the ACA/Indy experience was by far unique in aviation.

I've moved on to a fair 135 gig. No more commuting, a bit more pay (still low compared to national averages), great equipment, home more often, visiting places I'd never otherwise see, and best of all...no TSA security! While I miss the airline days - I'll never go back to 121 to what is now abuse of people at nearly every company in every fleet.

I treasure my experiences at ACA/Indy. I really learned how to fly there with some of the best CAs and FOs the aviation industry has to offer. I learned what it means to work with great people with ambition and drive. That place also taught me a great amount about me - learning "you" is a priceless experience.

Thank you ACA/Indy people!

AZT

"Independence was like the last few minutes of a long drive when the bus driver suddenly drops some acid and starts driving like a lunatic. Sure, it was kinda fun to drive really fast, but you knew the crazy bastard was gonna miss one of the curves and take everybody over the cliff sooner or later. "
-former aca/ide flight attendant

'bout sums it up. no regrets. pround to have been a part of it all.
bc

Everytime I go to YUL, I see the 4 ex FLYI birds sitting in the hanger near the terminal. Plus, looking at that tribute just made me more dismayed on how our upper management pissed away a potential great carrier. I only hope Tom Moore and Kerry Skeen never get another job in the airline industry ever again. But, now, they are laughingstocks

It was mismanagement

Wow, what an outstanding argument for having a weak (if any) union and CBA.

Let me guess, if you were in his shoes you would have said this. "No sir, despite being furloughed, I really don't wan't to help out my career right now by being a widebody CA and getting some heavy/international experience. Go ask the next guy, maybe he will take it."

Thankyou.....

Great time, great people. Almost all I know of have been hired at a higher or equal level. Currently at JB very pleased with it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back