• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for ex ACA/flyi pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tell Barry L hello from another longtime ABE Junkstream driver.
Also I'm not sure if yesterday or today was the official 4th anniversary of our plunge into oblivion. Either way "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" to all my fellow Indy refugees.
Hope you all found yourself someplace new to call home.

Last edited:
from an email from him (had to tell him what an idiot he was)
Tom still believes in his mistakes:

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 12:39 PM

"[email protected]" <[email protected]>

If you remember, at the time we declared bankruptcy, UAL was in bankruptcy and held significant leverage over us. We had three options:
1. capitulate to UAL's demands that we reduce our labor and aircraft costs by 20% or more, which we did not think we could do without destroying the Company, and even if we did agree, UAL told us that they would not seek bankruptcy approval until the bankruptcy planned was approved at some point in the future. In essence, we would give them two bites at the apple, even if we got our unions and aircraft lessors to agree to hostile terms.
2. We could re-brand our United Express people and planes to an independent brand. Our board considered all options and decided this was the best use of our assets and people.
3. We could sell our Company. Mesa was the only active bidder. Their offer was all stock, no cash and there business model was to capitulate to UAL's terms. No guarantee they could do that or that we could close a deal with Mesa.

Your note coincides with yesterday's Mesa bankruptcy filing. Yes it is 4 years ago that we considered letting them buy FLYI, but the airline business was broken back then when we filed bankruptcy and it is still a very harsh and unforgiven business mode today.

Over the years, I have had the opportunity to see many former employees. Most, if not all say they were glad to have their flyi and aca experiences. It didn't work out as we desired, but life is like that. Not every experience is pleasant, but after 4 years, its time to move on.

tom

I'm getting $3000 biotches!!!

Pimps up....hoes down...TOGA-to-10 forever!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back