• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for DFW NJ based pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I use Fastrack at DFW. The have implemented a very generous discount for NJA. Its about $6/day or $42 for the tour. They also have a nice owner loyalty program that will enalble at least a couple of weeks gratis in a calender year. In Dallas, it is always good to have covered parking IMHO.

I finally reached elite status w/ AA in early June, which was a factor in me switching bases from DAL. With American's new silly bag fee people are hoarding overhead space & boarding in Group 1 is really helpful.

We had it with our 5 domiciles. It wasn't negotiated in our current contract with 100 available crew bases and a significant raise for junior pilots.

They did until about 6 months ago. It wasn't included in this contract probably because there were a few cases of abuse where guys were spending several hundred dollars a month using valet parking or the $30/day terminal parking. Instead of trying to come up with rules to prevent guys from being stupid, our union leadership gave away the parking reimbursement and figured we could use part of our 45% pay raise to pay for parking.

Also, the majority of our bases have FBOs that allow us to park there for free.

What hotel do we stay at around DFW? I have not overnighted there yet. Does our number 1 hotel allow any parking perks?

DFW vs DAL

They did until about 6 months ago. It wasn't included in this contract probably because there were a few cases of abuse where guys were spending several hundred dollars a month using valet parking or the $30/day terminal parking. Instead of trying to come up with rules to prevent guys from being stupid, our union leadership gave away the parking reimbursement and figured we could use part of our 45% pay raise to pay for parking.

Also, the majority of our bases have FBOs that allow us to park there for free.

The company was just as stupid, because 90 to 95% of my flying is out of DFW but yet Im based at DAL. This means the company has to PAY for a cab both ways when they airline me out of DFW and give me an extra 3 hours to be able to do it.

In the old contract, the company used to send me direct to DFW to start my tour. Now, most of the time, I drive by DFW, get to Love, get a cab, turn around and go back to DFW to wait my 2 hours for my flight....

So for a tour, thats about 100 bucks in cabs and about 5 hours of lost productivity that the company sucks up.

Yeah, they were real smart with that deal.

However, when the Wright Amendment goes away, I suspect I will be flying mostly out of DAL on SouthWest, but I may be retired by then anyway... :rolleyes:

The only hotel I've stayed at around DFW on overnights for NJA has been the Hilton Garden Inn. I have no idea if they have any discounted parking rates. I fly into DAL a lot, but even though we have a lot of flights there compared to most other airports, it is still almost impossible to schedule many people who live there to actually start or end a trip there since there really aren't all that many flights overall going through any one place. I live in CMH and even with all the mx work done here, I still airline in and out about 85% of the time.

Latest resources

Back