• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for CRJ pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the op's point was regarding slowing the plane in level flight. I've seen a few guys do this and it would take a very strange situation for that to not be bad form.

As far as descents, that handle is for MY mistakes, not ATCs. If I'm about to miss a crossing restriction, then by all means the boards come up. If ATC forgot and wants "best rate" then they stay down. If ATC gives some crazy crossing restriction that's going to require 3,500 fpm or more then there is an easy fix..."unable".

If anybody thinks its okay to use the spoilers to simply slow from 300 kts to 200 kts in level flight, then I'd say you are a less than stellar pilot.

Fly safe,

gp

If anybody thinks its okay to use the spoilers to simply slow from 300 kts to 200 kts in level flight, then I'd say you are a less than stellar pilot.

gp

Not that I do this, but do you think they honestly care what you'd have to say? ;)

Bad Form? WTF? Is someone keeping score like in figure skating? Saying unable to reach a crossing restriction just because you don't want to pull the spoiler out is ridiculous

Hey glasspilot. I too try to use the energy of the airplane rather then pulling spoilers but if needed, I have no problem using them. Next time you get cleared for a five mile final at night in uncontrolled airport from 5000 ft. Just slip it and then see just how stellar you are. Before you start about atc screwing up let me just say that it would be the same as you missing a hand off, and atc refusing to repeat. Let me guess, when a ramper wants to borrow a pen to correct load menifest you deny him?

Where did this idiocy of using the spoilers is in "bad form" came from?

Well, some guys use that spoiler handle as an on/off switch. They just go right to max up in one yank and then back down in one push. I was taught one click, wait for the advisory message, then continue one click at a time as needed. Same with stowing them. Much smoother that way.

Latest resources

Back