• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for CFI's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Play it safe and endorse the 90 day just in case. If they need it then its there, if they fail, they already have another one, if they pass, its nothing more than a few extra lines in the logbook.

Here's how it was explained to me by a former ASI and current DPE. When the recommending instructor signs the back of the 8710, the applicant is at that point a private pilot [or whatever checkride he's going for]. On the checkride, the examiner can approve or disapprove of the application, but the applicant was technically PIC for the flight [pass/fail] and can log PIC as such [by 61.51e]. To the original question, current solo priviledges not needed, but probably a good idea.

I had a DPE stop a checkride because the student (not mine) didn't have a current 90 day endorsement.

YAMV.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

fastback said:
To the original question, current solo priviledges not needed, but probably a good idea.

Also not a bad idea if say the student has to fly to another airport to do the checkride as many often do. Also if this is the case, dont forget to endorse them for solo flights to/from that airport.

aucfi said:
200th post. Semi addicted

Wait until most of the members on the thread have join dates long after you joined. . .

Some of 'em will even remember the old, old board.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Latest resources

Back