Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Wrong
2. Wrong
3. Preferably enough to taxi to the gate when you land, but if you flameout while touching down, that's fine... although you start getting into the "hazardous and reckless" catch all reg if you do that too often.

Reference #3, I disagree. I think you should always have enough fuel to make it to the gate. Its really a pain in the a$$ to have to wait for a tug!!

While we do have to have a number of applications open in order to do our job.... the dispatcher monitor
is the one tool that stays open on top all the time. it's the application that has all of the flight planning software on it. and yes it's still a flashing red button when we receive a msg.

I can't speak for other dispatchers just as you can't speak for all pilots and I can tell you for me if you can't get into you dest. then I tell my guys/gals to divert. there is no need to stay up and waste fuel. and the burn I give is the burn from the holding fix. that is not based on the approach in... go miss ..and then go to your alt. it's called divert fuel... I don't like any of my flights to divert but face the fact that it does happen from time to time. However after saying all of that there are still no regs that say you can't burn into your Resv.

I feel that you are missing my point. maybe later when I feel like typing more I will take another stab at it.

Looks like you won the prize MaceyHold....
so how are things in your neck of the woods ?

Things still going well out here in the western middle of the country. 14-15 days off a month...not a bad gig. Oh, and we don't have to worry about holding :laugh: ...of course we do have to stay up on world events and overfly permits as we work many flights into/out of the regions which aren't always so friendly to each other.

For the Dispatchers: I want you to think that your husband, wife, kid(s), parents and or other loved ones are on board the flight that you're dispatching.

You should build my release and and disseminate pertinent information related to my flight with the above mentioned in mind.

Dispatch Safe!

Fly Safe!

For the Dispatchers: I want you to think that your husband, wife, kid(s), parents and or other loved ones are on board the flight that you're dispatching.

You should build my release and and disseminate pertinent information related to my flight with the above mentioned in mind.

Dispatch Safe!

Fly Safe!

If the above is true, the first thing I'm gonna do is lean over to sched and have them find a new captain. ;)

Macyhold you spoke like a true wannabe pilot.
In that case you should not be allowed to even spell the word "airplane" let stand be a dispatcher. You give your fellow dispatchers a bad name.
I can't help that you are a fake pilot! Now buzz off! Go do your job.

I can't believe that you dispatchers even ask these stupid questions on a message board.

Last edited:

Dispatch Safe!

Fly Safe!

I always think about the passengers because without them we have no job. Question ....Do you fly any differently if you have a love one on your flight ? I would hope that you always make sure that every one of your flights are legal and safe. I know that's how I dispatch.

I can't believe that you dispatchers even ask these stupid questions on a message board.
I know you're probably just giving MaceyHold a friendly ribbing, but I'm cranky this morning...so...

Funny, we kick back and read FI to remind us how stupid pilots can be sometimes. :D I figure it is best to know the mentality of your "customer".

Sadly, many (not all, not even most) pilots act just like their FI counterparts. Like that very senior pilot that never calls dispatch unless he wants to see how many F-bombs he can drop in the dispatcher's direction for things outside of the dispatcher's control...or every pilot that calls acting extremely concerned about mediocre weather issues that may or may not impact their downline flight 7 hours from now when you can see they are talking about the last roundtrip of a 4 day and have 14 days of vacation listed in their sked after said roundtrip.

I love how pilots complain about not getting pertinent info updates...but when they get a dispatcher who passes along alot of legitimately pertinent info throughout the course of a flight...they act all annoyed that someone is cutting into their USA Today crossword time.

And, for the record, I plan and monitor every flight like my family and friends are on board. Difference between me and pilots who claim they do that...is that actually goes through my head with every release I build.

Don't take it personally...I'm just in a really foul mood this morning.

Latest resources

Back