• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question about the combined hiring process at aa/us

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm in this group.... 2nd week of June on the Airways side. My question is whether or not you will remain on the Airways side if that's who you interviewed with? Does the "we'll put you wherever we need you either AA or US" start after the previous interviewees are cleared out or did it start a couple of weeks ago with the emails and the AA side taking over?

Think you guys will be on the Airways side. Once AA takes over, those guys will go to either side.

The company just announced yesterday that they are combining the application process managed by the American Flight Ops Department.

I think that's where a lot of us waiting get confused becuase we hear that and then we don't hear anything else. I doubt American would put someone they didn't hire on the aa side. Most likely that will be once they drain the airways pool of people waiting to hear then they will send people everywhere I guess. Like you all said we just have to wait but I will say if American fills the. 26 th of August class and none of us have been called yet then I would get a little worried until then we wait

Ive heard people on the American side get assigned a class but nothing on the usair side, that's according to a friend

Last edited:
I've heard they are into September now. I've also heard from someone on the American side that starting 8/26 you could get any plane any base the whole system. There can't be too many people left from the interviews us airways did. To those that didn't get it I hope they at least get a thanks no thanks email when it's all American

Not sure about any plane any base in the whole system.

MIA, DFW,JFK are going junior. The 777 is not available yet and some bases such as BOS, DCA are difficult to get to for now but that could change soon.

It would be nice to have anyone that has applied and wants to work here
come in join the ranks. It is a good place to work and only getting better.

Good luck to all.

Hey- I interviewed June 5th, of last year and was given a hire date of September 16. I waited two months for a call. I know things are going through transition, but I find it EXTREMELY difficult to think you guys were forgotten about. As for who is doing the hiring- we just need pilots. I truly don't think there is a class warfare view of "you were interviewed by USAirways, so you're not AA calibur". If this company spent money and time to interview you, then I believe you are in the mix for a call or assigned class date. Also, keep in mind that USAirways has no pool, so it is entirely likely they are just trying to catch up and find you guys room in a class. Currently, we are maxed out and the training facility is running wide open, if not at max capacity.

I'm hoping you get the news you seek soon, but truth is, you likely have a couple of more weeks to wait.

Best of luck!

I know this is a silly question, but has there ever been a case where due to whatever reason while someone waited 2 months for a class they couldn't accept the class date they were given, and had to wait a month to start, would usairways allow this or do you just get your one and done? A lot can happen in three months and while you should never turn down anything from a legacy, this wait has got me curious as to what they would do

I've heard they are into September now. I've also heard from someone on the American side that starting 8/26 you could get any plane any base the whole system. There can't be too many people left from the interviews us airways did. To those that didn't get it I hope they at least get a thanks no thanks email when it's all American
Sweet any plane, i'm going to resign today so I can come back to the 777 in Dallas, ty

Latest resources

Back