Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Detroitpilot22

Question about the combined hiring process at aa/us
There are a bunch of people that interviewed last week of May and first 3 weeks of June on the airways side that haven't heard anything yes or no that I know of. I know the first week of Indoc is combined now and that American does all hiring but does anyone know what might happen to those people from those three weeks ? I have been waiting for 6 weeks going on 7 and havent heard yes or no. I know that happens once in awhile and some have waited 10 but Im starting to get a little worried about the transition and all of us waiting getting lost in the shuffle if no one from usair is in charge anymore . I'm probably worried for nothing but I would assume I share the thoughts of at least a couple people out there

...but Im starting to get a little worried about the transition... I'm probably worried for nothing...

I'd say your concerns are entirely reasonable. You're playing the game for all the big marbles...particularly at this point in legacy airline history.

Never trust a bunch of HR cubicle droids. They make the mistakes...you pay the price.

Not sure how you overcome this obstacle but I wouldn't rest until I got an answer...from someone.

Best of luck.

If you interviewed at Airways the decision to hire you or not was made that day. If they selected you, you have nothing to worry about. You are just waiting on a class date. I have heard of three upcoming classes that have not been filled. Relax and keep the faith.

Detroit,

It took me 5 days to get the good news call a few years ago, in the mean time I've had numerous friends wait 8-10 weeks for the good news call. No news in this case really seems to be good news.

I know it's tough waiting. A friend of mine interviewed in early May and got an Aug 12 class just a few days ago. I really think it depends on when they have a class for you.

Hang in there.

For those that were hired, how long before your class were you hired? It looks like there is an aug 12 and 26th class. I know the call comes from phx and seems to be random

Detroit- sit tight and hang in there. You will get your news any time now. I interviewed last June and didn't get the call for two months. They may take a while, but you will not be forgotten. Whatever you do, do not call them- doing so gets you the "no thanks" email of dread.

From offer to class, it was a month and a half. Once you start, you will roll through training without any major breaks or "vacations".

Best of luck and I hope you get the news you seek soon! Patience is key : )

Do other legacies and/or LCCs leave interviewees hanging like this, wondering whether they made the cut or not ?

Do other legacies and/or LCCs leave interviewees hanging like this, wondering whether they made the cut or not ?

JetBlue left me hanging for 8 weeks before I got the FOaD letter. I know the wait sucks, but again, we don't have a pool here, so the good news call comes with a class date. If there isn't a class date available after you interview, you'll need to wait until one comes available.

I'm in this group.... 2nd week of June on the Airways side. My question is whether or not you will remain on the Airways side if that's who you interviewed with? Does the "we'll put you wherever we need you either AA or US" start after the previous interviewees are cleared out or did it start a couple of weeks ago with the emails and the AA side taking over?

Interview Process

I'm in this group.... 2nd week of June on the Airways side. My question is whether or not you will remain on the Airways side if that's who you interviewed with? Does the "we'll put you wherever we need you either AA or US" start after the previous interviewees are cleared out or did it start a couple of weeks ago with the emails and the AA side taking over?

The company just announced yesterday that they are combining the application process managed by the American Flight Ops Department.

Latest resources

Back