• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question about the accidental discharge on that flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 737's is about one square foot when full open. A bullet hole in the fuselage will only make the outlet valve open that much less. Not a big deal (to the pressurization system).

After reading the subject of this string, I thought it was another "sleeping passener" story . . . glad to see it was about guns, not sex. Whew!

Stuff you don't hear on CNN MSNBC, FOXNEWS etc.

Thats kinda what I thought.

Differential pressure is differential pressure.

But once again they were looking for somebody to be sucked out of a window. Understandable in the Aloha case because 1/8 of the aircraft was missing. Totally different thing. I wonder how that aircraft even flew and stayed together.

Speaking of aloha somebody once told me that the FO set the cabin pressure incorrectly. I never really believed that, I always understood it as being a corrosion problem that lead to the massive cracks and destruction.

At worst a bullet hole in the skin will whistle and drive you crazy. The Outflows will hardly move to compensate even at high altitude. I had a partial door seal blow out and we had a pressure spike but it compensated. The noise was a pain in the arse. The surface area of that seal must be several feet, of course it didn't fully deflate, but still.

After reading the subject of this string, I thought it was another "sleeping passener" story . . . glad to see it was about guns, not sex. Whew!

Better not go over to the regionals forum with that spelling they might tell you to shut your month. Seems to be alot more mature over here, refreshing.

Seems like every now and then people need to be reminded that this is a message board, not a spelling bee.

Usually, the ones that resort to the fall-back position of "Spelling Police" have just had their azz handed to them, and they have nothing germaine to respond with.

Being a message bored, the entire point of it's existence is to communicate a message. Some peoples' speeling and grammar usage is so atrocious that the message is not effectively conveyed.

P.S. Notice how quickly the message of my post was derailed by the spelling errors? People tend to distrust a post when they see simple spelling errors. If the poster cannot spell, why would we assume they are intelligent enough to post accurate and factual information?

Don't be a squeezable bottle filled with vinegar and water

Dear "A Whack-off":

Did I spell that correctly? ;)

Yes, a ham-handed or dyslexic Message Poster can certainly miss making their point by looking like an ill-informed, uneducated {vinegar and water solution in a squeezable bottle with a directional nozzle, used for feminine hygiene} bag; however, interrupting a string to point out someone's misspellings or grammatical errors is equally assinine.

BTW, most of the errors I see on this board are typos, homonyms, or phonetical spellings- it makes me wonder if this is a pilot trait (dyslexia?).

PS., I actually was a Spelling Bee winner, but that was 5th grade . . . I've since gotten over it. Hopefully, you will, too. . . . ;)

Regards,

TW

Word!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back